Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kinda just wanted a place to create somewhat of a timeline of my build... probably wont see any "big" updates for awhile but heres what i have so far.

first off heres my car.

90 gold dx. 127k miles, bone stock when i got it.

all ive done so far is a 5spd swap with an 88 dx tranny (the oddball year, good price tho and its mint)

also lowered it some black hx wheels.

plans....

my d15b2 is smoking like a mofo so hes getting replaced with this sohc zc you can see laying in the middle of what i like to call honda-heaven.

he will sport a nice garret turbo once i decide which combo of parts i am going to run. most like a t3/to43, .48 a/r turbine, .70 a/r compressor. the turbo will be mated to my Autoworks Log manifold which I have already ordered. oh and some nice mandrel 3" exhaust built with the bends i picked up for $30 at a local car show :haha:

something like this...

the rest of these goodies will also go on.

obd0 pr4 socketed with turboedit, resistor box for my mpfi swap, rx7 red-top 460cc recently cleaned and flow tested, HKS ssqv blow off valve, slimfan, stainless oil return with -an fittings.

i plan to run the zc probably for the winter and possibly all of next summer.. then come winter time build my spare d16a6 which you can see below.

i still need to buy the following...

-Clutch
-half radiator (was going to use the full one but shes got a hole in her so i might as well snag the half)
-intercooler
-boost gauge, thinking about the stewart warner 25psi gauge... looks hot.
-mbc, various lines and clamps, some more couplers, and some 2.5" mandrels for charge pipes.

P.S. this where my to4e turbo came from (i pulled it off an abandoned school bus behind an abandoned wharehouse.)

my old 97 hatch d15b2 turbo.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is my spare engine.

she will get all of these goodies...

75mm vitaras, acl bearings, etc. etc.

FJT FTW!!

in case you are wondering that is FJTs super builder kit that you can find reasonably priced on ebay.. oh and he ships super fast even when you pay with a money order. big :TU: to fjt.

by the way anyone need a 14b?

or a z6 or z1?

·
Registered
97 Civic DX
692 Posts

50bux shipped ?? whats wrong w/ it ?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
nice car nice junk yard u have there let me go pick some parts LOL
NICe car geee

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is that a T3? (the one that says A/R .70)
no sir, divided housing to4e 1.00 a/r turbine .70 a/r compressor. hopefully will be combining it with my .48 .60 t3 and having a sweet sweet t3/to4e.

Thanks for the comments guys!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i washed my car. also got my turbo put together and now i just need to decide where i am going to send it to get rebuilt/balanced.

blaast is 200 including shipping, gpopshop is 325 :-(

looking for alternatives. idk if anyone has any suggestions lmk...

got most of my mpfi swap together i just need a sohc zc map for my chipped pr4... or if i can find a cheap pm6 local. anyways heres pics.

Garrett t3/to4e .48 a/r, .70 a/r

anyone have any idea where this turbo will max out powerwise?

say with the .48 housing and also a .63 housing. just so i have an idea. should push over 300 as is right?

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
so i washed my car. also got my turbo put together and now i just need to decide where i am going to send it to get rebuilt/balanced.

blaast is 200 including shipping, gpopshop is 325 :-(

looking for alternatives. idk if anyone has any suggestions lmk...
Call Brian @ BNR Supercars
(205)640-1193 :TU:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Hey, I have the same turbo. Haha. I'm still deciding if I should go with the .48 ar or .63 ar but I'm leading toward the .63 ar instead though.

1 - 20 of 281 Posts