·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Dirty and PO left it to rot

Started cleaning

WD40 and faboulouso

Going to finish steaming the interior.

Going to go to ruston tomorrow and order some parts.

Only thing I can find that doesn't work is cruise control. I haven't check fuses yet though

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DAY 2

More updates

Still no more parts for the GTO so I kept cleaning

Cleaned the crap out of the carpet. I only had a rag and carpet cleaner. I am still waiting for a steamer and scrubber and a vacum.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Cleaned the interior with a tooth brush and rubbed everything down

Ignore the glove box I have it pulled out while i wait for my AC/heater blower motor

Next up was the interior lights

I had this led light fixture left over from my beetle build and so I decided to finally use it

First I soaked and shined the interior plastic

Then I wired it in... I am so retarded but it works...

Next up I started cleaning the trunk

Yup all this and more

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't get pictures during cleaning but it ended up like this

Then I used rust sealing paint. Yes I sanded the rust off before painting

Finally I cleaned the shit out of the engine bay today

I changed

Fuel filter
Plugs
Wires
Cap
Rotor
Valve cover gasket
Took apart the blower motor and ordered a new one with resistor
Cleaned again.
New radiator cap
Replaced a ton of fuses. Whiched fixed my high beams
Figured out why cruise wasn't working thanks to steve
Cleaned again....

Bought new
Axles
Ball joints
integra pads
Blower motor
Resistor

I said I did the fuel filter but I spoke to soon. I could not get the fuel lines unbolted. None of my wrenches fit just right so I am going to continue working on it in the morning

WD-40 works great. I hope this was the correct place to put this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ignore the Advance filter I just had it left over from my turbo on the white CRX. I am going to remove the rest of the air intake tomorrow as well.

I am going with a SIr lip and a OEM spoiler on the del sol as far as body wise. I am going to likely keep it red. I hope to have it painted within 2 months. I just need to get the GTO up and going.

I am going to try and track down some door panels and pick up some decent ebay seats. Then I'm going to get some tint to protect aforementioned items. Going to go with el cheapo ebay header and test pipe with a magnaflow muffler.

Thanks to Xotic I am doing a DC Integra front disc swap (10.3) when I do my Axles. Putting in new ball-joints and pads then as well, this car will be a daily and autocross car.

I am going to try and decide on a suspension that's practical for my application

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Lol, you copy that over from 318racing.org? Seeing as my username's 90_crx_si on there :D

Really looking forward to this build maing.

For suspension...Koni's and Ground Controls! Perfect for DD and autox, just get something like a 350F/450R spring rate so it's kinda soft for DD.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Lol, you copy that over from 318racing.org? Seeing as my username's 90_crx_si on there :D

Really looking forward to this build maing.

For suspension...Koni's and Ground Controls! Perfect for DD and autox, just get something like a 350F/450R spring rate so it's kinda soft for DD.
I know I know every one runs them and they are great blah blah blah

Yes I did copy it, that crap is to long to retype just to say the same thing...:screwy:

Get those spindles ball joints in brah so I can get these axles in... I love driving this thing....:fawk:

Great work. Looks like it was beaten then left n the woods to drive. Lol
But you turn it out good.
And plans for motor?
Run it till the ho blows, then build it up. In time there will be FI of some kind, likely turbo. Right now it's the basics: header, intake, exhaust, and suspension. I will be tuning it once I chip my ECU or get a hondata one.

I think I can post this since it's nothing illegal.

Did a quick little run, 100% through 1 and 2 but I didn't quite hammer it in third. The axles in the car are pretty sketchy and so is the road with deer running around....

I do need some help with my cruise control if some one is willing ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I pulled some stuff from a del sol today in u auto pull it

speaker grille cover
cruise switch
p28 ecu
4 door 94 accord spoiler

Cruise control now turns on but I think I have a issue with my pedal as far as engaging it

here is the look I am going for with the spoiler

I ordered the lip as well. I will hopefully be dropping it off for paint this friday. The lip and skirts will all stay black.

I am going back this weekend to pull the bumper and possibly the glass...couple misc interior pieces, top, trunk...

I will be getting those rims if another member here ever decides to part with his:8|:

·
Registered
14 Posts
im looking for to see your car if you finished it..

nice projekt ;)

·
Registered
840 Posts
yeah dude that thing looks sick i wish i could find one around here

·
Registered
14 Posts
were can i get the wing on the black del sol? its the best wing for the del sol (in my opinion)

·
Registered
147 Posts
were can i get the wing on the black del sol? its the best wing for the del sol (in my opinion)
The wing is off a 92-95 Civic Ferio. It is hard to find and around 300-400 bucks. I tried searching for one a few years back. Rarely see them up for purchase though. The owner said he custom fitted the wing onto the sol.

Nice to see a sol saved! Good luck on the build.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts