Honda D Series Forum banner
281 - 297 of 297 Posts
Discussion starter · #282 ·
Once you get Neptune to interpret and display the wideband 0-5V signal to match the display'd values shown on your old laptop logging software (by messing with your offsets, etc.), you will now be able to trust what is shown in Neptune and you won't need your old laptop anymore. Does this make sense?
Hooked it up and made the necessary offset adjustments and it's working great! Here is a screenshot at idle.
Text Font Line Design Pattern

Discussion starter · #283 ·
So took her for a ride. On the way home heard something in the trans area make some noise. It didn't effect the functionality of it but now it's making a nice noise. ?‍♂

I don't have an edit button and it fucking sucks.....sound isn't there with clutch engaged....slave not releasing all the way? pressure plate tooth bent? bolt backed out enough that the flex plate or something just barely hits it

with car off and in neutral turning wheels by hand can it be heard felt?

sounds diffish...or partially engaged gear? does it do it in all gears?probably

stethoscope on case..

Jack the car up and put it in first gear.

Spin each tire, if it's an open diff the tires will spin opposite each other, but the trans internals wont move except for the diff spider gears.

If you hear noise or feel extreme roughness at this point spinning the wheels by hand, you narrowed it down to wheel bearings, cv joints, diff spiders, etc.

If you hear no noise or feel no roughness then its further up the chain.

I would suggest draining the trans to see what comes out. Lots of shiny or large chunks will tell the answer. Definitely RPM/Speed based, so it could be something else like flywheel related. Have you driven it making this noise? Does it vibrate a lot or just make the funny noise. Back to first suggestion. Drain and change fluid, see what happens. Did you shim the diff when it was installed? Axles aren't binding or touching anything right?

Reactions: Rexinre
There's a quafe LSD in there, does that matter?
If its LSD then only one or both sides will turn in the same direction. It should let you at least rule out wheel bearings, etc.

It doesn't sound like a wheel bearing going bad, but it wouldn't hurt to check. It will also allow you to see if maybe something is up with the diff.

Other than that, pull the flywheel inspection cover and see if there might be something f'ed up in there.

Drain the trans oil as soul said to check for broken internal trans stuff.

Discussion starter · #292 ·
I'll investigate a bit more and report back. I didn't do the LSD, I sent it out to be done. It makes a little vibration when I'm driving it. It does seem speed based, it gets more violent as you go faster.

Discussion starter · #294 ·
I'm not sure. I haven't had a chance to get back in there and rip out the trans. It's pretty frustrating, I finally get it running and boom something else goes wrong.

Discussion starter · #297 ·
Honestly thank God for this thread... I forget a lot of times the shit I did to this thing.

I'm going to get her back on the road again. When I took her out with my son the other day she felt so damn strong! Strong as she's ever been.

They don't make beefier axles for d-series anymore do they?

281 - 297 of 297 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.