Honda D Series Forum banner

241 - 260 of 297 Posts

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
What the heck does all that jazz do? Looks good man, professional.

I would try a Crome Gold rom, and start a new tune. No need to "implement" things and "run scripts" and crap like that. Its the way to go for sure if you have to use Crome.
So the serial port in theory is for data logging, but it's a little slow because it's a serial port. The switch changes the computer to a stock map just incase. But it doesn't work now on a heavily modded car. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Neptune is good software but it’s really annoying how you can download the software to tune cars with it. It only comes with the purchase of their rpt. I just got BMTUNE and it shits all over Crome gold, I’ve been tuning with Crome for 10 years now and bmtune blows it away. Everything Neptune, ectune and hondata have but it can burn on chips with no extra daughterboard needed.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
984 Posts
you can download Neptune from HR tuning website and play around with it.

pretty sure you will need a demon (from moates) to tune with it though. i would suggest that route as its much better than burning a chip. this way you can make changes on the fly and not need to burn a chip each time you want to adjust a rev limit or something.

lots of people on about BMTUNE right now. though there seems to be some scandal around him. one the fact that the creator of the software pretty obviously stole the software. it is basically neptune reskinned. the creator also give away "cracks" for crome and neptune on his github page (kinda a shitty thing to do in the software world) then i guess he got all mad at a dude who was giving away cracks to BMTUNE. the creator threatened to hack the guys computer and ruin his life and shit like a 12 year old on xbox live.

i have the free bmtune downloaded just to mess with but over all i wouldnt buy his software if he is going to be a dick.

really unless on a super tight budget id go neptune or hondata. i use neptune though and like it. it does crash from time to time but pretty much all of the tuning software does.

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
you can download Neptune from HR tuning website and play around with it.

pretty sure you will need a demon (from moates) to tune with it though. i would suggest that route as its much better than burning a chip. this way you can make changes on the fly and not need to burn a chip each time you want to adjust a rev limit or something.

lots of people on about BMTUNE right now. though there seems to be some scandal around him. one the fact that the creator of the software pretty obviously stole the software. it is basically neptune reskinned. the creator also give away "cracks" for crome and neptune on his github page (kinda a shitty thing to do in the software world) then i guess he got all mad at a dude who was giving away cracks to BMTUNE. the creator threatened to hack the guys computer and ruin his life and shit like a 12 year old on xbox live.

i have the free bmtune downloaded just to mess with but over all i wouldnt buy his software if he is going to be a dick.

really unless on a super tight budget id go neptune or hondata. i use neptune though and like it. it does crash from time to time but pretty much all of the tuning software does.
Yeah, I'll probably go with NepTune. There is a lot of video's on youtube with it in use and with how to guides. It looks a lot easier than crome. Hondata seems good too but Neptune is cheaper.

Really messed up with what BMTune did to steal the NepTune program, not going to lie though... I've thought about hacking it for myself, I just would never try and resell it as my own product though.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
984 Posts
Yeah, I'll probably go with NepTune. There is a lot of video's on youtube with it in use and with how to guides. It looks a lot easier than crome. Hondata seems good too but Neptune is cheaper.

Really messed up with what BMTune did to steal the NepTune program, not going to lie though... I've thought about hacking it for myself, I just would never try and resell it as my own product though.
id highly recommended neptune.

back in like 2013 when i built my fist engine i was trying to learn to tune and stuff with crome. i couldnt get my shit to work so paid a guy to tune the car. it was at 13:1 afr all the time. like literally no matter the load on the engine it as 13:1. then when i went to make some more changes i wanted to work on the tune some and found a forum member who was close to me and willing to help me tune the car.

crome would not work for us so we threw in his ecu with his demon and neptune and got the car tuned and it ran great. james is the guys name and we are now good friends lol. he also sold me his demon and stuff that day. i didnt have the money for it so he fronted me 400 bucks the first day i met him. just trusted that i would pay him when i had the money. more trusting guy than i am lol.

moral of the story. crome didnt work for me and neptune made me a friend lol.

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
id highly recommended neptune.

back in like 2013 when i built my fist engine i was trying to learn to tune and stuff with crome. i couldnt get my shit to work so paid a guy to tune the car. it was at 13:1 afr all the time. like literally no matter the load on the engine it as 13:1. then when i went to make some more changes i wanted to work on the tune some and found a forum member who was close to me and willing to help me tune the car.

crome would not work for us so we threw in his ecu with his demon and neptune and got the car tuned and it ran great. james is the guys name and we are now good friends lol. he also sold me his demon and stuff that day. i didnt have the money for it so he fronted me 400 bucks the first day i met him. just trusted that i would pay him when i had the money. more trusting guy than i am lol.

moral of the story. crome didnt work for me and neptune made me a friend lol.
Sweet... I like friends, NepTune it is! :beta1:

Currently deployed so it'll have to wait until I get back to mess with it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,307 Posts
Same person that tried to fix Crome works for Moates and did a lot of the Demon stuff.

I have three of his trans in the shop right now. He was a forum member but now busy doing Moates stuff and such.

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Finally home, It's been a long 11 months in Somalia and I'm glad to be home. Going to try and invest in NepTune now that I've saved some cabbage. Just taking time to readjust to regular life and get motivated to get caught up around the house. We made the news, so you can probably check that out.

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,106 Posts
welcome home battle. thank you

241 - 260 of 297 Posts