Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right so for some reason my manual boost controller isn't manually controlling my boost and I'm not sure why. I have a Voodoo IV HP (ceramic ball and spring style) and the sumbitch just lets the turbo spool and spool. While this is fun, it's dangerous on my stock gut. I've cranked the fucker all the way out and it's boosts with no limit. I think it used to hold at 9 psi, but then again my tiny downpipe and crappy exhaust may have created enough back pressure to not let me get above that. I have better exhaust now. I want to boost at 8 psi and no more for the moment.

Oh and fucking Voodoo Boost has apparently gone out of business.

I'm running a Tial 38mm wastegate and have the MBC plumbed off the pressure port on the compressor and running to the bottom port of my WG. There is nothing else in this circuit. It goes turbo port ---> MBC---> bottom port of WG.

Like this:

I taken it apart and everything appears to be fine. By rights, if I back the top adjuster nut almost all the way out, and do the same to the adjustment knob on the right (both counterclockwise), I should just be boosting at the WG spring setting.

Am I doing something obviously wrong here?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
have you used it since taking it apart? maybe you had some thing in it blocking the vac/boost signal. maybe try getting the signal from the IM. also, you seem to have it hooked up correctly.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
wastegate spring broken?

vacuum off the compressor?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't tried changing the direction, because it used to work going this direction. What's odd is that I can blow through the MBC when the screw is backed out and then as I cinch it down it slowly gets to where I can't blow through it anymore. Basically it seems like it's working like it should.

That doodad on the side is supposedly the "fine adjustment screw", which helps you dial it in precisely once you get it roughly to where you want it to be using the top knob.

There may a problem with the port on the turbo maybe?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts