Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1303 Posts

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I figured I will start a progress thread have alot of plans for the rex this started out as just a little fun project that I have always wanted to a boosted honda. So when I got the chance to dive into one I jumped in head first. Lots of mistakes and alot of money blown but its all about the learning experience.

So I had a goal for just 200hp DD and I figured that I would do it right the first time and go with a fresh rebuild overbored pistons and be happy like that. Then some unexpected changes came up. Since I was a total newb to Honda internals I bought a set of crower rods with some stock pistons. We all know that doesnt work so I search and search and search hoping to find an alternative to the expensive forged units and I come across this funny looking cast piston that everyone is talking about vitaras. So I take a few days just reading as much as I can about these and decide that this is gonna be my route. I scoop up a set and here is where all the fun stuff starts to happen. My machine shop gets the bottom end done and I decide that I will get my head checked out to make sure its true. While it was there I had thought about a 3 angle valve job and a port while he had it. So all my money could afford at the time was a valve job so I opt for that. So now I have a fresh motor top to bottom all new everything.Well I think I have done enough typing lets bring on what everyone wants and that is pics. I will be updating this thread as I make progress with the car so check back.

What she looked like when I first brought her home

Here is what my living room looked like for a while Im grateful to have such a understanding fiance.

More goodies hiding in the corner

Got head?

Look at that bottom

Ready to go back in the car now

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Motor is in

So here is a shot when I put the motor back in and started to mock up some of the piping and everything

got the snail on there to bad it didnt stay that way

3in DP

highflow cat

Got the fmic on just barely though

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After all that fun we have a motor that actually runs here is my first startup in the day time

Now a trip to the muffler shop

Here it is with the exhaust on

Some gauges to keep an eye on things

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And then me and a friend of mine street tune the car when it was obd0 running the zdyne secu. This is on 15.9 psi.

And this is what 15.9 psi does to act hdss clutch this happened right after the above pass was made

Now the car with the old yonaka intercooler

Now with the new intercooler and some shitty coils its way to low for my liking and I have some tweaking to do with the intercooler but Im lazy so.....

I got around to painting my VC but it didnt come out as nice as I wanted it so Imma get a guy I know to powder coat it I just dont know what color but the red is growing on me.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got these in the mail the other day always good to have a spare built block laying around

and then I say fuck it I have vitaras Ill try some srp's

Here is just another pic of all the rides

I have to get some more pics of the car today I have made more changes since these where taken. Im now obd1 on neptune and hoping to get a street tune here in the next few days Ill post up more this evening or in a few depending on if I want to get up off my ass and take em.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got a few shots this afternoon I tried to get one of my exhaust with the ecutout but that was a no go should have got em when I was getting them welded up oh well.
This was a old one of the traction bars

Next Im hoping for some new fenders a new sunroof or a plug if they still make em and some fresh paint.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a little update on the car finally got her tuned it runs great pulls hard but I fear my clutch is hating me about right now. I might just be paranoid who knows. I also got my water adapter in so I was able to hook up my water gauge. Also talked with my tuner and we are setting up some dyno time vids will follow this it will be about 2 weeks. Enjoy
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd12/heeeeeh/?action=view&current=opendp002.flv

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well got an update its that time for me to rebuild the old turbo getting some smoking and oil is missing yay for me. Oh well I knew it would happen eventually. But she had a great run with lots of abuse so Im not mad timing is a bitch though.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Got some little updates ordered my rebuild kit for the turbo and hopefully at the end of this month have my mounts ordered. I also put the fat fives on there I will have to say Im surprised they look pretty good even though there are gunmetal. I will try and get pics up but my camera is on the shitter so we shall see.

And I want to thank Mindless for the broke motherfucker hookup he is giving me a broke motherfucker thanks again bro

Got my rebuild kit in today damn that guy has some fast shipping. Dont know if Im just gonna rebuild it tomm or wait till I get that one from mindless and do that one decisions decisions...................The saga continues

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got some more work done today on the rex sorry no pics hopefully soon I will get a new camera or mine will start working again so I can get em up. But I installed my rear window that I ignorantly knocked out. Didnt do a bad job for my first time and hell it works so fuck it right. Was a tad bit of a pain in my thumb good ole shard right through the gloves FTW.

I might try and get some Ls meshes that some kid was selling for a good price we shall see.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well after having a nice talk with Boosted91 Im going with diy filled mounts gonna use mcmaster polyurethane prolly the hardest they have. So since that money is saved that fees up some cash for something else. What should I get

Bisi cam/camgear
skunk2 drags
damnit I dont know what else I need at this point brain fart...........................

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More pics got the turbo rebuilt went pretty smooth you guy give mindless some rep he gave me a nice hook so I didnt have any downtime now on to the good stuff

All cleaned up and back together

Maybe tomm I will get a vid or something we shall see if I can swing it

1 - 20 of 1303 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.