Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a little about me and my car, just a quick little paragraph, I'm a male, 20 years young I've had 5 Hondas, in order 88 accord lxi, 93 civic sedan dx, 96 dx coupe, 93 ex coupe and a 94 Ls , I dd the 93 ex which is the car I'm talking about

The car is an original d16z6 has over 250,000 (no vss so not sure exact) and also made it through the f4 tornados of march 2nd, I live in henryville right next to the school, watch the YouTube videos, pretty intense. Car started overheating and wasn't circulating water, changed the head gasket and did a timing belt kit, nothing changed so we switched our attention to the thermostat, ran a gutted thermo, still nothing, since we had replaced the water pump last December I Diddnt give it a thought, when nothing worked we pulled it and this is what we found. Anyone seen this?

We did have a warranty and got a replacement and its running fine now.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do u mean like freezing water? Is that a joke? Because I know the name you've made for yourself transzex. Edit: in a good way not a bad way lol

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I get what u mean now.... But it's summer lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
Im about to change my water pump too. Mine is occasionally puking water out from behind the crank pulley. So frustrating....I JUST got this motor in the car. Pretty sure mine still has blades though...LOL

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
Wonder what the hell caused that. Was there any evidence of anything being caught up in the pump? Any T-Belt damage or evidence that it seized up?

Can't imagine what could have done that other than a shitty casting of the blades that cracked over time.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Were you able to get all the broken bits and parts out of the system? If not I'd be doing my best to flush that engine out pronto...
Agreed, picking up a piece of the old one would really shorten the life of the new pump :D

all the water pumps I've used had steel blades not cast...

^This.^

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
all the water pumps I've used had steel blades not cast...
"Casting is a manufacturing process by which a liquid material is usually poured into a mold, which contains a hollow cavity of the desired shape, and then allowed to solidify"

Was referring to the manufacturing process, not cast iron.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
"Casting is a manufacturing process by which a liquid material is usually poured into a mold, which contains a hollow cavity of the desired shape, and then allowed to solidify"

Was referring to the manufacturing process, not cast iron.
? I was just saying that the water pumps i've always got had blades like this:

not cast

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was cast and obviously a junk ass water pump lol

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Do you guys realize how dumb what you're saying, sounds?

Someone here has forged waterpump?

Wtf....

Get a Gates Waterpump, Pulley, and Belt off eBay.

They make OEM parts.

I think the OEM pump is made by Yamada but Gates makes OEM Belts, so I have no doubt with their water pumps.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Do you guys realize how dumb what you're saying, sounds?

Someone here has forged waterpump?

Wtf....

Get a Gates Waterpump, Pulley, and Belt off eBay.

They make OEM parts.

I think the OEM pump is made by Yamada but Gates makes OEM Belts, so I have no doubt with their water pumps.
most waterpumps I've seen have been stamped, not cast.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts