Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my butt handed to me twice this evening, by an ek lx sedan and another ek hatchy (supposdly stock but we think si tranny) launch is what killed me but i stayed with them the rest of the way

my car is now supercharged, with upgraded exhaust (minus manifold) and an AUTO, so now im beginning to see the light on manual vs auto

so i guess my main question is, if i complete the exhaust with a kamikaze header, and upgraded intake (possibly comptech icebox) would i notice any significant difference at all? compared to a tranny swap to a manual

and speaking of which what would be my options as far as manual trannies go? i know ex/si others? pros/cons each?

thankx help a unhappy guy out....

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
lilred said:
so i guess my main question is, if i complete the exhaust with a kamikaze header, and upgraded intake (possibly comptech icebox) would i notice any significant difference at all? compared to a tranny swap to a manual
well, you dont gain power by swapping out a tranny.. the only real significance is more fun to drive, dumping the clutch, and dropping gears on demand....
with headers, you might lose some torque, but gain a horse... and i dont know anything about SC's... so i wouldnt know what to tell you.. you prolly will want to look into bigger injectors (if yours are stock) and some type of fuel management...
my last bit of advice.. go turbo... :smile:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Since its supercharged go with a good header like smsp pricey but they make power
You say your launch is killing you.. How did you launch it?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
first time floored it, second time gave it gas while holding ebrake

i know swapping transmissions wont ADD power in relative terms, however i wont have the drag an auto has, especially when changing gears, not to mention i can hit the higher rpms, which i rarely see, even flooring it, i have plenty of power when i do thoe, trust me, just the launch that seems to be holding me back

another thing, will an upgraded fuel pump help any at all?

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
dont hold the ebrake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hold the foot brake..... put ur foot to the floor and rev it to whatever ur stall speed is (hold the brake and slowly hit the gas and the rpm u start moving is ur stall speed) and hold it there.... when the light turns green drop the brake and put ur foot to that floor son!!!!!

find him again and whip his ass...... also u need a header... stock mani + sc = weak

·
Registered
Honda Civic
693 Posts
kamikaze headers are said to the best for SCs...since you're SCed, i dont think there will any significant changes with manual. there's no lag at all. swap them 17's for 15's and get a 2.5" exhaust instead of 2.25". definately get some kind of engine management.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Kamikaze header, Thermal exhaust (I think there systems are 2.5"), and swap that tranny. Your car will be much faster.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
9295EJ-t said:
dumping the clutch, :smile:
oh yeah reeeeeaaal good for a clutch there.

what kind of rims tires are you running on, i see the ones in your av. but maybe your using something else?:beer:

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
If you want to play then be prepared to pay! My clutch gets replaced once a year or every two years reguardless of its condition. :)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
def. swap the tranny its killing you i mean if your car is supercharged and couldnt even pull a stock hatch with an si tranny then really there is something wrong, swap to a manual it will be a smart choice.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
yeah, i was wondering. something must be up if you can't pull on a stock lx sedan?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
keep in mind, this was my first time, my rims are now 17's yea i know but they are the same weight of my old 16 including tires, so if anything i have more tire (but rotational mass i know i know) the lx was stock yes

i really think im gonna get the header, some sort of intake, and more than likely new fuel pump here soon, maybe week or so, car "seems" peppier on a full tank of gas then anywhere else, weird i dunno

the car also seems to push harder up a hill than down, so that really makes me believe transmission is creating a strong reistance, feels like its holding back

thankx guys

·
Registered
574 Posts
trust me on this. ive been doing it for years. GET YOUR TRANNY! itll take like two hours to install. theres so much parasitic loss through the drivetrain of an automatic. no one seems to realize that. its not how much power you make, its getting what power your making to the ground. i hope you do both "intake, header, and whatever everyone else has said" and "swap out to a manual transmission" all im saying is youll notice more gains on the old butt dyno from the transmission swap. trust me man if you listen to me ill put you in low 9's in the 8th mile just like that! ;-) . seeya this weekened hopefully. and sorry i had to bust your ass in front of people, haha J/K...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts