Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... M thinking/planning for a TC setup on my 7th Gen, D17... kindly comment on the below setup..

> Customised header
> T25G w internal wastegate
> 2.5" piping with highflow cat
> NO intercooler
> Boost level of abt .3-.5Bar (4-7psi)
> Stock fuellin setup
> Emanage

Is this do-able?? I m lookin at running low boost before doing a auto-to-manual conversion if i wan to get more boost...

What boost controller do you guys recommend?? I wan to reduce/eliminate the boost spike when the auto tranny shifts...

Thanks alot for the information... ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
i agree with the intercooler, but the turbo thing is up to you, there is no right turbo for the car, it depends on how you drive it and what you want in the end.

I run a $15 ebay ball and spring type boost controller, holds my internal gate steady, my actuators original pressure limit was 2.5psi and i'm running it at 7 right now :)

·
Registered
1992 Honda Civic SiR
194 Posts
For the money you would be spending on that setup, I would not run anything less then atleast 6psi. There isn't a significant gain in hp running 4 psi. With the proper tune you will have no problem's running 6 psi or more. I would recomend running atlest a SMIC on any turbo application.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Intercooler is a must, you'll regret it later, even just a dsm sidemount.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
93reddelsol said:
I have a T-25 I kinda regret it but I love the no lag at all. but a 16g or even 14g would be perfect, and get an intercooler that is just stupid.....
Thanks for the feedback... wat kinda rpm does the t25 start spooling?? Wat A/R do u hv 4 ur T25?

So u do agree on nt gettin an intercooler??

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Umm... thanks for the inputs thus far..

I m lookin at reducing the amount of complication 2 the system, cos my 04Civic, D17 engine bay is really cramped, and getting the pipings 2 run an intercooler really require alot of work... Doing intercooler-less is an easier way out.

When i m done/satisfied with the effects n goin to high boost, the manual box will save me quite some space as the autobox really takes up too much real estate in the engine bay...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts