Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my setup in my 91 civic cx hatchback
-d16z6 block and crank
-d16a6 pistons and rods and arp rod bolts
-d16y8 head (stock cam) stock y8/z6 3 layer HG, arp head bolts
-d15b7 dizzy
-dc 4-1 header
-short ram 3'' intake w.cone filter
-skunk2 IM and 63 or so mm TB(tapers to 63 but inlet honestly matches up with 3'' intake piping)
-all obd-1 p28 (stock)
-90' crx si 5speed tranny with z6 exedy stage 1 race clutch, z6 flywheel resurfaced
-weighed in last year with old engine at 1984lbs with 15'' sub and box and amp and toolbox(20lb)
-has full free flowing 2 1/4'' exhaust

Right now I think its running below the levels it should as with all the different parts and higher CR its running off a stock p28. And the stock y8 cam really doesnt help at bleeding off the 10.5:1 CR. Just waiting on another users crower stage 2 cam and valvetrain and tuned hondata p28 ecu.

So far I have raced 3 cars and won.
First car is my friends 92 vw corrado vr6 5speed(these are 15.10 stock in the 1/4 mile). WHen he bought it the prev. owner said it had aftermarket cam's.
He has short ram intake, full exhaust, and gutted inside with racing seats and hes a good driver.
From a first gear roll I was ahead by half a car in 1st then 1 car in 2nd then 3rd gear I really started pulling away hard and hes a good driver.

Second car was a 97 civic 4door that I did a valve adjustment on. It has a 98 integra b18b1 with intake/header/full exhaust and modified ecu stock b18b trans with I believe a better clutch.
Lol this race was cool, 1st gear I was at 5 cars then 2nd i was 7 then 3rd and so on it was 8 cars ahead and so on.

Other car was some random 1992 integra coupe 5speed b18 with exhaust/intake and it was a joke..hahaa from a first gear roll i honked 3 times and 3rd honk to go and i let him go after the honk and waited 4 seconds LMAO and then i was on it and just passed him with a wave by bye as I shifted. Oh my did the excuses ever pour out even after 2 other random races with him equally sad.

Just a lil untuned , camless, eculess fun...i guess:p

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
nice kills but those are all slow cars. lmao

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i know, it will be SOO much diff i bet with crower stage 2 cam

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
yea well get u the cam! lol lmk when u start beating rsxs, integra type r's, etc. lol ls da9 with intake, header,exhaust = 15.3 car lmao

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
haha true , like i mentioned before im probably losing power with the parts combo and the stock ecu and stock cam as nothing is workin in unison.
Lol damn should be a couple weeks till cam and ecu are miiine and the parts will work together.
If I may say so myself, its slow for now and way below what it could be, just a matter of a couple weeks ;)

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
nice keep me posted!

·
Registered
435 Posts
hey I have a crower stage 2 cam excellent condition 1000miles on the damn thing went turbo so no use it has a comp adjustable cam gear $220 takes both if interested

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey I have a crower stage 2 cam excellent condition 1000miles on the damn thing went turbo so no use it has a comp adjustable cam gear $220 takes both if interested
Thanks thats an awesome deal and ill keep that in mind....but right now I actually arranged for the purchase of the crower st.2 cam/valve springs and retainers/and hondata ecu with their tune from a user on here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts