Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all of you,
After many years spent reading countless threads and discussions on here (gaining knowledge and sometimes being left even more confused) i thought it was finally time for me to create an account and log my little project in the immortal halls of this forum for myself as well as all of you lovley lot.

I have in the past reluctantly joined a forum and left a lovley thread on there about my Logo only for the website/forum/domain being shut down and loosing all of it. So i thought this would be the best place for it!

So a little about the car. It is a 2000 Honda Logo GA3. It started its life with a little 1.3 d3b7 that produced a ground tearing 64bhp. Not many people outside of the UK nor here in the UK for that matter have seen them. They look like a cross between ek civic and a toyota starlet with a pich of a frog thrown in there.
Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

This is the little rascal in question sporting Milano Pink and in pretty bad condition in terms of rear arches rust ect.

The d13b7 was replaced with a d16z6 with eagle and vitara combo and a copy t28 to start with and made a nice little 192bhp in a car that weighs 890kg.
Personal computer Computer monitor Computer Computer keyboard Peripheral

Anyway that was a quick intro and a trail run for me i will post up a full build thread once i figure out how everything works on here in terms of unloading in the right place ect.

Peace ✌

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,978 Posts
Wow, never really heard of that car!

Honda must have said "CRX? We can go lighter...."

That thing must be a force to be reckoned with. Look forward to updates on your build thread!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,463 Posts
Thanks man it was now its at about 260 without the vtec (found issue will be fixed soon) with a t3 turbo. Ill be putting up a full thread once i figure out where to do it.
here:

Showcase

Reactions: JasonTodd786

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be uploading my thread of my honda logo ga3 on here im just navigating my way around the site.

This is how she started with a d13b7 making 64bhp

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

This is what she looks like now at 260bhp weighing 860kg (took the photo about June 2021 after the respray) resprayed in Audis Merlin Purple.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Wow, never really heard of that car!

Honda must have said "CRX? We can go lighter...."

That thing must be a force to be reckoned with. Look forward to updates on your build thread!
Yea i dont know what they where thinking. I think it was supposed to be a grannymobile/young drivers car cheap to run not too powerful. Tryin to compete against the Yaris/Vitz category of the market but it was a flop. There are only 593 left in the UK according to a source so they must have been a flop. The close relative to this is the honda HRV of the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So i brought this little honda logo way back in 2016 with the intention of making a quick spooling lightweight street sleeper. I got my hands on a d16z6 that was already forged/vitara + eagle by a reliable guy.
On the initial setup we made 192bhp at 10psi on a copy t28 turbo. That was with 510cc evo yellow top injectors, 255 lph walbro, 4 bar speedfactory map sensor, basic intercooler, stock head, 38mm external copy wastegate, 2.5inch into 2inch to a pea shooter out the back 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️.
It was a lot of fun on that setup, the butt dyno felt as if it was instant spool. Very quick on the streets it was keeping up with 380bhp s3s ect (i was just behind by a half a car) and that was with a blown wastegate gasket and the engine hanging on with basically 2 mounts that night 🤣 so it was very quick upto a certain speed.

The swap was done by a local honda garage at the time Jamtec mainly a guy/wizard/ledgend called Jese the main man of that place. Two of the engine mounts where interchangeable, the gearbox mount however wasn't straight forward to change so the original logo gearbox mount was kept along with its original logo s7b gearbox. The z6 loom was spliced in with the logo. A chipped p28 tuned on chrome was also used.

Then deciding for more power i thought i would switch out to a bigger manifold and go for a t3 50 trim .63ar turbo. So i brought this manifold which turned out to be a huge mistake.
I went with a cheapish option so i ordered this from the states for about 180 doll hairs at the time plus shipping. The reveiws seemed to be pretty decent so i succumbed to its shiny looks and big runners and ordered it. I also picked up a cheap copy turbo for £130 that came with an 18 month warranty which was good enough for me.

Font Body jewelry Jewellery Fashion accessory Metal
Head Water Eye Sculpture Terrestrial animal
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive air manifold Automotive design Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Above are all the parts bolted up: the t3 turbo new manifold (at the time) with its crazy screamer, side exit exhaust, new thermal intake gasket, new aem cam gear (literally just for bling lol), new timing belt, new holes tapped for engine mount(old ones threads/bolts/mounting holes where destroyed been so long cant remember exactly what), new cometic mls head gasket.

So off i go to dyno day having switched out and changed so many things you can imagine how much of an experience it was to drive down for a map(as it still had the old tune saved) and by experience i mean horrendous lol. It drove like an old bus burdened with 50 tonnes of extra weight (ok not that bad but you get the idea). I drove it down because a recovery would have been another £300 which i did not have spare at the time. So anyway we arrive there get let the car cool down show em the car have a laugh and a joke about the usual then get down to business. Everything seems to be dialled in then all of a sudden my mapper informs me that the car is not engaging vtec. So we proceed to doing all the usual checks solenoid/oil/wires ect to no avail. So we leave there with a puny 150/160 hp at the crank at 5 psi and no vtec 🤣🤦‍♂️ but at least the car is driveable and gives me something to figure out i figure. So i drop my cousin off whos been with me for most the day and decide to blast the car a few times on the local block before i park it up as it was Eid the next day (kinda like Chrismas for us like big celebration ect). I was thinking I'll go out properly tomorrow and just cruise the car and go on a nice long scenic drive after so many months of messing about with my car, im heading up to my house literally 2 minutes away and i decide to give it boost one last time unfortunately it was one time too many and all i heard was a bang and a crazy blowing noise and realised that there wasn't going to be any scenic drive on Eid for me😓. I was so upset at the time i dont know why looking back on it i suppose working on it so long and looking forward to it for so many months for it all to go to waste in a flash was a majorly crap feeling loll. Nevermind id put it on ice for a bit and get back to it soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It had turned out that my manifold was broken, the flange where the wastegate sits was broke clean off. The huge weight of that crazy screamer pipe and the wastegate where too much for that crappy metal and welds. I could have got it rewelded but i thought id try and get a proper manifold. My mapper got hold of a guy to fab me one up. I also got a 44mvr wastegate to go with it.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Alloy wheel

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Hood Automotive air manifold

It was made by the late Simon Boot who was the owner of Schuband Autoworks. A really talented and very nice man.
This time we took it down for mapping and it mad 230 bhp with no vtec. At about 13psi.

Computer Personal computer Computer monitor Computer keyboard Output device

1 - 12 of 12 Posts