Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wish it were a hatch with a blown motor...but this isn't too bad.

A few days ago, I found a guy with a non-vtec motor on craigslist and inquired. It turned out that the dude also had some struts with coilovers, a new header and some decent wheels in good condition that I was interested in. We made arrangements for me to drive out on Sunday (today).

After making the trip, it turned out that the guy had a lot more than I previously thought. Boxes and boxes of 92-95 Civic stuff. Totally cool guy that had just got out of Hondas and into BMWs and Miatas. Like a garage sale, I started sitting things to the side that I definitely wanted. And we were going along keeping a record of what I wanted with a price next to each thing. We started out at $150 for the Borbet wheels and tires and $100 for the engine...

Finally, I looked at the giant pile of parts and said, "Why don't I just give you money for all of it?". And that's exactly what I did.

Here is a partial list of the score -
15" Borbet Wheels with tires
Brand new 4-2-1 Header
Gabriel struts with coilovers
3 16" Konig wheels (missing one wheel)
Vintage 92-95 Civic fog light kit - Brand new
D15B7 engine - Complete with alternator / wiring harness / dizzy, etc.
Two D15B7 heads
FOUR P06 ECUs
Complete 92-95 Civic suspension rebuild kit
THREE 92-95 Civic gauge clusters
Big pile of 92-95 Civic interior parts
Set of Civic headlights / blinkers
Pile of brand new oil filters
1 Bosch narrowband o2 sensor (new)
Tons of MAP sensors and small parts that I haven't even gone through yet.
Box of brand new gaskets and engine / head rebuild parts
And lots more I need to sort...

This is my score of the year.

·
Registered
97 Del Sol
66 Posts
Wow, i'm jelly, consindering I have a Del Sol and working to fix it up and make it (more) fun.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hell yeah, man. I'm still going through boxes and processing everything.

Wow, i'm jelly, consindering I have a Del Sol and working to fix it up and make it (more) fun.
I threw the Borbet wheels on the Sol first thing today. Makes a HUGE difference. Especially in the handling. The 205 / 50 / R15's are such a big difference compared to the 185 / 65 / R14's. This also gives me time to really work on my Sol Fives and bring them back to life. They were looking pretty ratty.

I'm working on a '95 Coupe for a winter car...so I kinda' lucked out there too...lots of parts.

Dude...I cannot believe the offer I made and what I walked away with. The dude was beyond cool. I'm sure him needing the space was an issue...but damn, I lucked the F out.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also - I just noticed you have a '97 Sol...are you still rockin' the original motor and all that? How are the roof seals holding up? I've never owned a 96 / 97 Del Sol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts