Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
originally i was just going to boost my d16y7 with no mods to my engine. but i think u guys inspired me a little on here to do a little bit of modifications to my engine. here are my plans

getting a performance intake mani( does anybody have any idea where i can get one of these??, my guess is ebay)doing a y7 to y8 mini me swap(ive always thought about this but even now it still seems that i can fuk up my engine pretty bad with doing this and how little experience i have with actually moddifieng and engine,considering i have never taking the valve cover off lol) and prob swaping to a y8 tranny and stage 1 clutch. and then finish the rest of my turbo project in my sig.

does anybody live near tequesta FL. or in westpalm somewhere

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought if instead of an oem intake mani, wouldnt a performance intake mani would be more sufficient than a y8 or z6 intake manifold. yeah i dont think i will do a mini me swap. but where would i be able to find a performance intake manifold anyways??

·
Registered
629 Posts
you could always use a y8 intake manifold. check the for sale section on every honda board you can think of to find one.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will all z6 and y8 manifolds bolt right up to the d16y7 head??and just curious how much hp will i gain from this with the engine being n/a??? thanks for the replys:thehump:

random

·
Registered
80 Posts
I dont think you'll notice too much of a power difference in manifolds being N/A. My buddy did the intake swap while he was N/A and I didnt notice any changes. I believe the manifolds are interchangeable.

·
D-series WTF?!?!
3,674 Posts
this part list is OEM and it has balls the y8 Intake mani aka Type R intake, and HF exhaust MAni for turbo set ups and the Z6 head will rip ur nutz off with the right tunning So enjoy

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
5,973 Posts
sohc_sol said:
Y8 intake mani or bust. :TU:
i personaly dont know thie difference so i decided to hop on the band wagon... Y8 is the hotness...

(edit) lol, i really cant spell...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts