Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kicker Comp 12'' sub and didn't want to buy a box so i made one.. check it out, shit slumps too.. made it to the correct dimensions.

Next maybe i'll make a dual 12, w/ port and carpet it. Someday I want to try to make a built-in trunk box and carbon fiber it, that would be sick.

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
automotive carpet is cheap. or you can get a fiberglass kit, lay the auto carpet over it, put the resin on, harden, sand, paint. shit will look sweet

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen how they do the fiberglass molding and carbon fiber, shit looks clean after. I want to build a built-in fiberglass speakerbox into my trunk and carbon fiber it. Maybe one box on each side behind the taillights to hold a 10 or 12 inch sub each. Find a nice spot to mount my amp, and it would look sick.

You guys are more then welcome to post up some of the sub-boxes u made yourself.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
I'm just going to do a 10" sub in a sealed box for my coupe, but I'm definitely going to make the box. civicridin is right, carpets cheap. I have also been looking at some custom fiberglass how-tos. Depending on what you're looking for, that's a pretty cool way to go for a couple of subs on the back.

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
moAR Screws! or else it will rattle apart....i usually put like 2" apart max
I used wood glue also but, ill keep that in mind for the next box. although I haven't had any problem with this one and i've had it since my last honda.
so its been holding strong for probably about 2 years now lol, although now that you say that I'm going to inspect it to see if its coming apart.

·
Registered
374 Posts
wood screw definetly help, i also find that the enclosure calculator from the 12volt.com helps in making sure you get the right enclosure size for your sub.

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wood screw definetly help, i also find that the enclosure calculator from the 12volt.com helps in making sure you get the right enclosure size for your sub.
Thats actually the calculator I used when making my box.

i prefer a brad nailer, its faster and easier not to split the wood.
That would be quicker. I pre-drilled the holes undersize to avoid splitting, and used wood screws. Probably extra work I didn't need to do.

carpet it and your good
I know, I need to get around to doing it lol.. I should of done it before I installed the sub.. now that its up and running, im not soo much in a hurry.. but it'd look soo much better.

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
post pics after you carpet it looks good how much did it cost to make

I think it was about $20 bucks for the Medium-Dense Fiberboard. Was able to have them cut it in the sizes I want. which was sweet because I didn't want to have to cut it. I still have some left over too.. I had the screws and the glue. I didn't take a picture of my terminal post block but I bought it at radio shack for about $7.

Probably wont carpet it, but I'll make a new box that is attached to my accord's trunk, that way it wont move anymore and looks more clean.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
I've seen how they do the fiberglass molding and carbon fiber, shit looks clean after. I want to build a built-in fiberglass speakerbox into my trunk and carbon fiber it. Maybe one box on each side behind the taillights to hold a 10 or 12 inch sub each. Find a nice spot to mount my amp, and it would look sick.

You guys are more then welcome to post up some of the sub-boxes u made yourself.
Like this?

I'm always busy at work so it took me a while.

Please note that this was a Layout I did when I had Air Bags ok :bigrin:

I don't have it anymore but enjoyed this Project a lot :td:

I have a lot More Pics but this is just for what you're talking about.

12" Rings

Mock

Fleece ready for Resin

3 Layers of Fiberglass

Mock again
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Body Filler - Almost Done.

Me Finish, Me Like

If you need more info, Pm me.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Yeah like that :) thats pretty sweet man, I like. +rep :)
Thanks.

I was going to use Black Carbon Vinyl for the Boxes but the Material is too Thick not even if I used a Heat Gun. So I Spray painted it Black.

I just used it for the Floor Board.

Carbon Fiber Decal would work. I wanted to do that. Just Purchase enough and slap it on.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts