Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im planning on tuning my car into a show car but for my audio system im thinkin of boxing my whole hatch out with 3 12" Infinitys and 2 10" Infinitys with all infinity regualr speakers. just wondering any suggestions on how i should power these like what kind of amp and altenator should i get. im gonna put my drawlin of my plans on later

·
Registered
27 Posts
personal opinion, too many subs. and unless you plan on spending about 400-600 per sub you won't get a lot of bass. The infinity subs don't hit as low (htz) as say a fosgate, JL, or even audiobahn. You'll get a lot more for the money with any of those, On the flip side the infinitys make great mid and high range speakers, but still on the high side.

As for the alternator, replace your ac compressor or power steering with a second alternator.

Good luck though.

Peace/\

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i have a 15" fosgate but i didnt want to put 2 of those since i just bought the 3 12" infinitys and kinda wanted to go through with the infinity project but do u think a 170 output altenator would work

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
the best box i've ever seen in a hatch (91 SI) was set down in the spare tire opening... it was one 12" in the center and then three 8" around it in a triangle pattern, they were all Polk MOMO.... he's went through three back windows with this setup and i got a chance to hear it at a sound comp.... it was nice as hell... he ran the 12 off one amp and then the three 8 off another amp.... and they were all cap'd and had filters on them set so the 8's didn't bottom out and the 12 didn't go reaching for those high notes

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hey bro whats up ... i cant spell but bear with me

First i would not mix 10" and 12" diffrent frequincys your sound would be wayyyy off.

15" subs will only produce LOWS just for rap if thats what your looking for thats cool ..
It also has lots to do with the box build...
you could do a second batt or a beefed up alt but do it right the first time
I can get you equipment and a box design specs for what subs you choose to use .. just pm me if intrested
Good luck
Bro

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
sigh...blowin windows out on a single 12 down in the well. I'm done here...

Weird. 2 H2 15's on 3200rms didnt pop my window. It was enough for 3 state records though.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
sigh...blowin windows out on a single 12 down in the well. I'm done here...

Weird. 2 H2 15's on 3200rms didnt pop my window. It was enough for 3 state records though.

That car got off with that set up, and was fast as hell too :TU:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i dont get it y do u want loud speakers for people dont wanna hear that load base but thats a huge box that too extreeme for me or my car but hope its load

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
Bizzar, note the popping hatch glass was in the 4g HB, not like our 5g's.........

Yeah, you can't seal a 5g HB glass, but you can use the "loose" rear glass as a tuning aid :)

Likely a 4g ricer tweaked chassis putting weird stress on the glass, allowing it to crack easy.

Bizzar, reflected wave energy from your setup in the pic would be hitting about mid chest
or a little higher, aimed right at the mic :)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
all i have to say is

kicker l7 15"

:done:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts