Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my motor blew up about.. mm 3 to 4 months ago and im getting it rebuilt
so its almost done and the thing is i still have a FULL tank of gas. Some people told me to drain it cause that gas goes bad after a while what do u guys think i should do drain it? if so isnt there a drain plug at the bottom of the tank or should i do it the good old fashion way and syphen the bitch out

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drain it out and lite shit on fire...
hmm ok well set it right infront of ur house and well call ur dad outside to have a beer with us too hahaha

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: 93reddelsol

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Remove ..return line catch fuel with a bucket ...

place fuel
mmm ok do u or anyone have like something i can see on how to do it..
kinda like something from a haynes manual or something like that
id greatly appreciate it iv never had to do anthing like this espessialy with fuel lines

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I don't think fuel goes bad so quickly... my brother hasn't touched his car in 9 months and it started on the first try afterwards... well not the first try, but that's only because the battery was dead. After we chardged it back up, it ran perfectly.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think fuel goes bad so quickly... my brother hasn't touched his car in 9 months and it started on the first try afterwards... well not the first try, but that's only because the battery was dead. After we chardged it back up, it ran perfectly.
hmmm interesting i have a feeling imma have a hit or miss on this
more advice peeps thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
so there should be two wires attached to it. First put hose to the drain and other end to can, then run the wires to pos/neg battery terminal

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
moreeeee advice people i apressiate what u guys r telling me just want to see what other people think there experiences with this

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"mods and sohc wrath" must spread rep

·
Registered
149 Posts
I"ve ran cars on 2-3 year old gas, they run ok. The big thing is that when it sits in a carburetor, it evaporates out the vent and makes the inside gummy (plugging up the ports and stuff like that) but I don't know if EFI has that same problem. Either way, just get it in and run the tank out and refill with fresh stuff; it'll be fine. I wouldn't abuse the tank though because the octane may have lowered a little (not real sure here..).

Reactions: 93civ123

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cool cool thanks people d-series has done it again

1 - 20 of 24 Posts