Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
That's the cheapest and most fun you can have with a honda. Then 10 years and huge amounts of money later you realize you should have just kept putting in stock motors with little turbos. End rant

Looks good. I miss my stock turbo D.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
What do you think of the k04? I've been seriously considering one of those for the race car. When is it spooling up and what rpm are seeing your maximum pressure by? Did you make your own adaptor for the hf manifold?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. It is the mazdaspeed6 k04 that my other friend got off of a warranty claim motor at the dealership. It has a custom adapter plate and is running off of wastegate pressure. I'm not sure exactly what we are looking at for spool times because the oil line started spitting oil before we got that far into tuning. I'll update today or tomorrow when we get it 100% finished.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Boost threshold is about 3000 and full boost is by 3500. Just finished street tuning, steady 11.9-12.0 AFR at full boost. Was running at 17* but the plugs said too much so I put it back to 14*

Here's a ripper on a private dragstrip at 8 psi.
Jun 23, 2012 6:47pm | Facebook

I really really like this turbo, most fun car I think I've ever driven.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Fuck facebook...upload real vids!!!!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
fuck that ripper vid makes me want to get back in the turbo game... how much did he buy the k04 turbo for? And what other type of manifold would work on it?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts