Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided to bite the bullet and build my first motor. Was planning on putting it into my ef hatch til someone in a rental car decided to pull out in front of me and total it. Thats ok. Insurance check will add some more ca-ching to the buil. Here what I have so far. Not 100% sure on what pistons im gonna use.

Motor
-d16z6 stock sleeves
-Bisimoto D16 Rods
-75mm Vitaras or 75.5mm SRP 10.5:1
-ACL race Bearings
-Honda OEM oil pump
-OEM z6 Head gasket
-Tapped pan
-CCFab Log manifold, DP, DT
-Precision 6262 .63 hot side journal bearing
-FIC 1650cc Injectors
-TurboSmart Vee Port BOV
-GM 3bar map sensor
-Tial 38mm 1bar wastegate
-Full Race Backdoor intercooler

Head
-z6 head
-Crower Stage 3 cam
-Stock cam(might sent out for a regrind)
-Crower Spring and retainers
-Port matched head and removal of casting marks
-Y8 intake manifold
-Hondata IM gasket

Trans
-stock si cable trans

Car
-1989 CRX HF
-S&W 8 Poing cage
-Aeromotive 340lph pump

Still need to order more parts but can't because ive been relocated due to the flooding in my area(North Dakota). Also don't have access to my pictures due to being up here and at work all the time. Hopefully going to have it done mid June.

·
Registered
410 Posts
good luck with the build. no personal experience but lots of people say not to run ACL race Bearings and just go with oem.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
im the one who says that, and if you want to figure out why ill give you a number to T1's machinest who wont sell them anymore.

i suggest Clevite or OEM bearings. iv seen them ran in many high hp cars without one single proglem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When we built my friends eagle vitara z6 we never had an issue with the acl race bearings.3-4k miles of abuse and never had one issue. If it ends up spitting a rod bearing ill build a sleeved block. No big deal.

How does the rest of the build look?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
if the bearings split then they prob had really bad detonation. iv had plenty of motors run for year and years with oem bearings and having the shit beat out of them.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I ran acl race bearings in my build with no problems. I had extreme detonation on my p29's, enough to crack the ringlands on 3 of them., i did not drop the crank but took apart the conrods to replace the pistons and the conrod bearings had visible damage on them. Looked like a flatspot kinda, discolored after getting pounded. Slapped everything bak together and the motor still ran fine. I say acl race are fine.

Just double check oil clearance before final assembly. I'm broke so i just use plastigauge.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i wouldnt have reused those bearings, because then you have different pressures on your rod bearing.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I don't have the car anymore but I was just pointing out that the bearings withstood beating and were still usable. And the only reason I kept the bearings was a lack of funds and no access to parts. In any other situation, replacement would be required.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i wish i had pictures of the bearings i took out of my old 90 miata. im talking CRATERS taken out of the bearings from oil starvation and detonation, it still ran great lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts