Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
00 civic ex
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so here it is..i have a 2000 honda ex coupe...it has the d16y8..i'm wantin to do some boost not much but there's a couple of things i would like to kno and your help is much appreciated...i have a ramhorn manifold and i'm about to get a turbonetics t3/t4 turbo...i'm kinda doin a budget thing here and i would like to kno all the other items i will need to complete this build...i.e pipes, injectors, etc... THANK YOU:3dtard:

·
Registered
00 civic ex
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well what you think i will need lol i kno i need intercooler and pipe kit for intercooler....what do you mean i won't need any injectors everyone i've talked to said i'll need bigger cc injectors

·
Registered
00 civic ex
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i mainly don't wanna take my car off the road and not have all the supplies i need and not be able to finish project....i'm lookin for about 10psi hopefully and a good tune from my local shop

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
ok well what you think i will need lol i kno i need intercooler and pipe kit for intercooler....what do you mean i won't need any injectors everyone i've talked to said i'll need bigger cc injectors
Well then you haven't talked to enough people. You can run ten lbs on stock 240's maxed out on crome with the stock fuel system. It's not recommended but I've done it.
Read the if you're thinking about going turbo thread.

Being on a budget you can compromise on the intercooler but try to get the intercooler.

·
Registered
94 Civic Dx
39 Posts
ok so here it is..i have a 2000 honda ex coupe...it has the d16y8..i'm wantin to do some boost not much but there's a couple of things i would like to kno and your help is much appreciated...i have a ramhorn manifold and i'm about to get a turbonetics t3/t4 turbo...i'm kinda doin a budget thing here and i would like to kno all the other items i will need to complete this build...i.e pipes, injectors, etc... THANK YOU:3dtard:
Its all a matter of what your going for and what setup works the best with your parts, its all about the tune....

·
Registered
78 Posts
im goin to be nice and help you. u need a turbo intercooler piping intercooler bov wastgate turbo mani oil feed line oil return line tapped oil pan some kind of tuning software bigger injectors to be safe i would use 440cc get a 255 fuel pump vaccum hose to run bov and wastegate oh and some kind of knowledge lol oh yea i would not past 7 psi for your dd if u want it to last and all that also matters on your tune

·
Registered
65 Posts
looks like you need some more searching. you dont seem to have any goals of what you want this car to be...drag/street, and power goals..

·
Registered
00 civic ex
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks like you need some more searching. you dont seem to have any goals of what you want this car to be...drag/street, and power goals..
ok here's the deal..its gonna be and is my current dd, i don't really kno what kinda power to expect from it...i've read about 200hp dependin on tune but anything better than 130 is awesome lol...i don't really wanna compromise too much but i also don't wanna spend $2000...ive got a ram horn turbo mani and i'm very close to a turbonetics t3/t4 turbo..i believe its a 50 trim...like i said in an earlier post i don't wanna start the build and realize i don't have everything i need and have to postpone

·
Registered
00 civic ex
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im goin to be nice and help you. u need a turbo intercooler piping intercooler bov wastgate turbo mani oil feed line oil return line tapped oil pan some kind of tuning software bigger injectors to be safe i would use 440cc get a 255 fuel pump vaccum hose to run bov and wastegate oh and some kind of knowledge lol oh yea i would not past 7 psi for your dd if u want it to last and all that also matters on your tune
i greatly appreciate that i've been doin some searching but its like everything i read the kid has totally awesome parents that just give him a credit card and tell him to be safe!! i'm lookin for realistic gains and reliabilty....i kno cheap fast and realiable don't exsist but i feel cheap fast and smart do so ya:yes:

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
would this forum even exist if noobs didnt ask questions? isnt that the point of a forum? just saying if people didnt ask questions this forum would be garbo!!
LoL!

Hey man, we can't help those who don't help themselfs. There are stickies at the top of this section that will answer most of his questions. He didn't list power goals or intentions of the car. Is it going to be a drag car? Twistie ripper? Just wanting to gain maybe 80hp?

If it's going to be spoon-feed-the-n00b.org here we go:
Manifold
Turbo
Feed/Drain setup
Charge pipes
Blow-off valve
Waistegate
Injectors 440cc for lower boost aps
intercooler
Engine management and tune

There's known oiling issues with the D16Y motors.

IMHO he's better off getting a pre-fab kit from one of our sight sponcers/vendors, a greddy kit, or go the JRSC route. All he would need is to have the drain flange welded to his oil pan and get his car tuned.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If your going to boost do it right and you won't have to do it again. You shouldn't ever run injectors to their max. IMO they should only be ran to 85% max duty, I prefer to know that I have more room with my injectors. What if you boost spike say pass your target PSI/power range then what? Well you can't take that into consideration if your already running 100% max duty on your injectors.

I agree with the pre-fab kits, everything is there all you have to do is plug and play. Only thing you have to worry about now is fuel management.

·
Registered
00 civic ex
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LoL!

Hey man, we can't help those who don't help themselfs. There are stickies at the top of this section that will answer most of his questions. He didn't list power goals or intentions of the car. Is it going to be a drag car? Twistie ripper? Just wanting to gain maybe 80hp?

If it's going to be spoon-feed-the-n00b.org here we go:
Manifold
Turbo
Feed/Drain setup
Charge pipes
Blow-off valve
Waistegate
Injectors 440cc for lower boost aps
intercooler
Engine management and tune

There's known oiling issues with the D16Y motors.

IMHO he's better off getting a pre-fab kit from one of our sight sponcers/vendors, a greddy kit, or go the JRSC route. All he would need is to have the drain flange welded to his oil pan and get his car tuned.
well i wanna go for like 200-220hp...i think that's pretty realistic...its gonna be a daily driver and i want it to be pretty reliable...i probably won't be tachin out all the time i would just like to kno that i have it for when i want it....plus i've had this civic and another one that i totalled and i just like to mess around and i love hondas...i just haven't had any experience wit turbos....i've got the manifold and i'm about to recieve an .50 trim turbonetics t3/t4 turbo...i thought of a pre fabbed intercooler kit form ebay but i don't kno if goin cheap wit that would be smart...i kno i want either greddy or hks blow off and wastegate but not tryin to break my bank either

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
^^
You can have all 3 if your smart about things hahaha and very patient. But of course that would normally isnt the case for people.

OP. If your power goal is along those line of 200-220 like you said and still not wanting to spend past 2k then. Opt for a home made turbo set up.

·
Registered
610 Posts
if you have a rotary, pick one.
Ha!

OP-Read the stickies in Forced Induction. You will learn alot and will then be able to assemble your build list.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts