Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so im starting my first engine build ..

first of my setup .. om going for boost..and running on Ethanol

D16A6 block bored to 75.5 ( notching ahead)
D16Z6 head
Supertech pistons
supertech springs,retainers,valveguides,
Cat H-beam rods
skunk 2 intake

some pics as far as have come any tip on anything is welcome !

fiirst the car..

Attachments

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
damn didnt know supertech made pistons, just read up on them, they seem pretty damn sweet. what turbo you going with

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well dont know what turbo etc im gonna use.. i just want to finish the engine and get my fuel and egnition managesystem first..

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
damn, those rods are going to need alot of notching
thats what I was thinking, those bastards are thick! Eagles require around 1/4" of notching, it wouldnt surprise me if you were in the 3/8-1/2" range with those...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well started the notching process yesterday .. and well it wasnt that hard.. and i tested the first cylinder and it went around.,, im soo thrilled ! :D thanks everyone that has answerd my questions.. will upload pics soon !

the notching was about im from sweden so i will write in Mm.. :p about 8 mm down the cylinder and about 9-10 mm in to the block =) the brand on the beams are " cat "

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
well started the notching process yesterday .. and well it wasnt that hard.. and i tested the first cylinder and it went around.,, im soo thrilled ! :D thanks everyone that has answerd my questions.. will upload pics soon !

the notching was about im from sweden so i will write in Mm.. :p about 8 mm down the cylinder and about 9-10 mm in to the block =) the brand on the beams are " cat "
lol did u check the girdle? is there a girdle on a a6?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah gurdle going to be notched to.. damn mu "dremel" went up in flames when i did the final touch on the block.. go to the shop and get me a new one tomorrow ! any one that has a comment on what Ex manifold im gonna use ?? i want a stainless one .. i like this one ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Build looks good so far, those rods look beefy. As for the manifold, those will crack over time, they usually end up in the garbage cause they crack so much.

Check out our website in sig for manifolds.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
obx manifold = fail to a nice build/block you have going on... dont cheap out.... now for the turbo, you can get away with an ebay 57trim with a restrictor...

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
obx manifold = fail to a nice build/block you have going on... dont cheap out.... now for the turbo, you can get away with an ebay 57trim with a restrictor...
x2

1 - 20 of 33 Posts