Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out of all the bov's that I heard. I still prefer the greddy type s, it may not be the best bov out there but for me is the best sounding one. I have checked the sound clips from other greddy bov's but they don't sound nearly the same.

Does anyone know any other bov's that sound the same as the greddy type s?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Your bov sound will change based upon firmness and horn on it. The rs will sound the same if you remove the horn. Use a tial 50 mm and it's quiet

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,870 Posts
Bov are gay because racecar. but maybe the one you like had a crushed tip so its more of a whisle/squeek then a pshhhhhh sound?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I loved my Type S bov. Such a simple design and worked flawlessly. The sound was an added bonus. I purchased mine used and ended up painting the purple top in black wrinkle paint.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I loved my Type S bov. Such a simple design and worked flawlessly. The sound was an added bonus. I purchased mine used and ended up painting the purple top in black wrinkle paint.
Yup I agree, have heard a bunch of bov's but still prefer the sound of the type s

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Have you heard a synapse bov? I don't know what greedy bov sound like but check out the synapse. If you can't find a noise you like just run without a bov or recirculation it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
One of these?

If so, I'm pretty sure I've got one in my shed. It looks identical anyway, but will check if its a Greddy or not.
If you're that desperate for one, and are happy to pay shipping to the US, you can have it.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Im looking to run a 1st gen Eclipse BOV (commonly called "1G DSM BOV")
Good robust design. Used also on the Skyline and the current GT-R.

If anybody has one Im looking to buy. Everybody on eBay wants like $50.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts