Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i'm going to get an exhaust made for my car but i've got a few questions

i'm going to use a DC 4-2-1 header then to a high flow cat, with 2.25 inch piping and a resonator but my few questions are

whats a nice high-flow cat i can get?
whats a nice resonator i can get?
and whats a nice-low tone, with very very very little raspy muffler to none i can buy (I hate like any kind of raspyness)

EDIT:

well i've been looking around, and i'm thinking of getting a Mugen knock-off type twin-loop, really i'm not out to make all out power, as long is it will be even a little bit better then stock i'll be happy, (i have a hole in the muffler so quite isnt really a question)

BUT

If i get a twin-loop the smallest i could find was only 2.5inches so could i still run all 2.25inch piping and then just have them make like a expended pipe type of thing to get to the 2.5inch inlet?

AND what is a nice twin-loop knock-off? OBX? or are there other ones out there

·
Registered
same
311 Posts
whats a nice high-flow cat i can get?
whats a nice resonator i can get?
and whats a nice-low tone, with very very very little raspy muffler to none i can buy (I hate like any kind of raspyness)
well if you running a cat and a resonator there will be very little raspyness. as for low tone, are you looking for like a v8 rumble or a quiet deep tone. for a v8 rumble run with like a flowmaster or dynomax. for a deep tone run with like a wsp2 or a long body magnaflow. although I never heard a magnaflow with a cat and a resonator. hope this helps. the thing is that opnions are kinda like bellybuttons everyones got one. Your gonna get a whole lot of them on here and only a few will agree.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
the flows are raspyer than you think. Vibrant or tanabe for what your looking for

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
525 Posts
whats a nice high-flow cat i can get? magnaflow
whats a nice resonator i can get? magnaflow
and whats a nice-low tone, with very very very little raspy muffler to none i can buy (I hate like any kind of raspyness) magnaflow or twin loop

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
w.e. i think i should just go with a Apexi WS2 becuase every video i've seen there hasnt been like any raspyness

every single magnflow muffler vid clip i found they all were raspy

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ya, im running a header to a straight pipe then to a magnaflow resenator then out to a magnaflow muffler and it sounds quiet nice. It only gets a lil bit raspy from like 3100 rpm's to 3400 rpm's and thats about it. but other wise i love my magnaflow setup!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
so you think apexi wont sound rice? word, that name just sounds like rice to me..lol.I have a 1chamber flowmaster copy cat, sounds awesome, low deep, none of that pingy ass rasphy shit, maybe because its flowing thru a turbo to...but i love my flowmaster.....I try to stay away from any of those chrome/stainless mufflers, here in Va if you have one of those, you are instantly being pulled over., but GL

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i live in the middle of no where, cops like don't exsist where i live, and the like 2 that are around at night, i know personaly so they don't give a shit about my car

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
so you think apexi wont sound rice? word, that name just sounds like rice to me..lol.
Less ricey than you'd ever expect. But thats saying a lot, since you seem to only use the name for labeling rice.

The WS2 is one of the best exhausts I've ever heard. Since its chambered, all the high-pitch sounds are eliminated, leaving only the mid-low sounds. You can get the muffler by itself, as a axle-back, or cat-back if you so please. Its most common size is 60mm, which is ~2.36".

I agree with magnaflow for the cat & resonator, they are great items.

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
run the longest 2.25 in. (but no longer than three foot) glass pack you can back to a stock looking flowmaster... if you have a nice cam this setup sounds freaking amazing... it's my favorite exhaust combination.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
well i've been looking around, and i'm thinking of getting a Mugen knock-off type twin-loop, really i'm not out to make all out power, as long is it will be even a little bit better then stock i'll be happy, (i have a hole in the muffler so quite isnt really a question)

BUT

If i get a twin-loop the smallest i could find was only 2.5inches so could i still run all 2.25inch piping and then just have them make like a expended pipe type of thing to get to the 2.5inch inlet?

AND what is a nice twin-loop knock-off? OBX? or are there other ones out there

·
Registered
320 Posts
well, to keep a car mellow use a resonator that is over 3 foot... shorter its kinda raspy, and a dynamax muffler and it will flow well, and not sound tinny, or high pitched, i get complements on my tone all the time 2.25 in 36in glasspack(thrush like $20 and bright red) and the dynamax muffler is like 40ish?? and your golden run a normal looking tip and they jsut look like a stock repalcement and and it sounds nice!

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
well, to keep a car mellow use a resonator that is over 3 foot... shorter its kinda raspy, and a dynamax muffler and it will flow well, and not sound tinny, or high pitched, i get complements on my tone all the time 2.25 in 36in glasspack(thrush like $20 and bright red) and the dynamax muffler is like 40ish?? and your golden run a normal looking tip and they jsut look like a stock repalcement and and it sounds nice!
do i hear an echo in here?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts