Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I want to share with you all the history of my actual hatch. As I explained in my welcome post this isnt my first EK. On december I was looking for some spare parts for a friend and saw this car, really cheap (Arround 1/3 of the normal price in my country). I called the guy and after an hour explaining me details, I made 500 Km and bought it only some hours later. It was the 2nd owner, car was bought new by a friend of this and gifted to him because it was going to be scraped. The second owner used the car 3 years to drive to his orchard (he made less than 1500 Km in this time, but changed timing belt water pump). He told me car had only one issue, the auto trans when you flat the accelerator, revs really high. I was expecting an normal auto and find out it was a CVT and he didnt knew how this work. 10 minutes after buying the car, I made the first pic and drive it back home with no issues.

The car was really dirty. This guy was a huge smoker and never emptied the ashtray. He also allowed his dog sleep inside and had a lot of mud due to all the trips to the orchard. Also, the trunk was like a swiming pool. I spent a week to dry, clean up and remove the cigarrette smell. Here are some pics of how I spent my christmas holiday (apart from cleaning, I tinted the floor mat and reupholstered the roof).

The first mods were a genuine EK9 rear lip, first molding front lip and DC2 rear seats.

Next was a brake upgrade to 282mm disks and DC2 calipers.

At the same time, I modified the headlights:

I found a guy selling a seeker V2, Tein coilovers and DC2 recaros and the same week I bought in UK the wheels I wanted and were imposible to find in Spain:

And a friend gifted me a good looking steering wheel:

We got confinated for 2 months home in my country, so I made some upgrades. First one was rear brake conversion, from drums to 260mm using MB fastback arms with EP2 calipers.

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And... I took out the CVT trans and install a S40-P4F from EJ8.

Last big mods where LCA, ASR, rear sway bar and Invidia G200Ti exhaust

Now I have this waiting to install, but Im a bit lazy to take of the dashboard

...and I started collecting parts for the next upgrade:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice work dude! Where did you manage to find all those parts for the 2 din swap? Also, is the EP3 wheel sitting any closer to you when compared to the original? Asking because I'm contemplating on fabricating a spacer for mine.
ps. If you're planning to use the intrenal wastegate on that turbo, you might want to port the turbine bypassing hole a bit, mine had some casting defects right around it.

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice work dude! Where did you manage to find all those parts for the 2 din swap? Also, is the EP3 wheel sitting any closer to you when compared to the original? Asking because I'm contemplating on fabricating a spacer for mine.
ps. If you're planning to use the intrenal wastegate on that turbo, you might want to port the turbine bypassing hole a bit, mine had some casting defects right around it.
I bought it to a user in ebay called trekeartista, I cant find him now, because we made the trade out of the web.
The steering wheel doesnt sit much closer, inapreciable.
And I'm going to use a external wg, but thanks for the advice, I will check the turbine anyway

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found this couple at a good price (I'm going to sell the DC2 UKDM cluster) and I will install the JDM civic VI RS in my EK. Now that the EK9 clusters are so expensive (I remember paying less than 300$ some years ago) this option is similar and really good looking.

I took the car for a ride this weekend and made a pic. Car runs great, brakes and suspension work well. But the f*cking speakers sound horrible, I need some new ones, I cant drive without music. Also, I found that water still enters to the trunk, I need to find if its from the taillight or where.

·
Registered
'99 Civic EK1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And this is why you dont buy Intake manifolds from ebay/aliexpress. A friend bought 2 of these and sold me one really cheap. I started installing everything and found many issues:
  • Many drills for bolts enter inside so if you dont fix them you will have leaks.
  • The fuel ramp doesnt go to its place, in the left side its 1mm taller than right side
  • The IAT sensor hole needs to be drilled bigger.
...and some more issues now I dont remmember. It was 1/3 price than a original one, but I will need to work on in some hours and hope dont find anything more.

I also tested to fit everything on the top mount manifold to see if I've got issues here too, and of course, I need to do some modifications. It looks really tall, I hope it wont hit on the bonnet. Next days I'll test fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts