Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the first nice weekend I've had to this since joining in Dec. Here's my EJ1, it needs to repainted where it's fading, but you can't really tell too bad in the pics. I'm getting rid of the pin stripe when I get it sprayed.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some more

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :), it put down 195.1hp and 146.9 torque on a dynopack dyno. Hopefully if all goes well I'm going to the track tonight to see what it'll do

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
seems like the older people get, the smarter they are when it comes to tuning cars

look at his car, nothing he doesnt need ... no stupid jdm rims, no kits, no m3 mirrors * cough cough * just a simple setup, that is effective

more people should start to figure this out sooner... we would have alot better cars on the road :( :) :TD: :TU:

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Updates

I've neglected my thread for a while here are some updates :p.
Megan Racing lca'a and fac sway bar

My dash lights, changed all the bulbs to red led's, looks soo much better

My d-series stickers

and my save the sohc's sticker

I have some more changes to post, just have to get home and get some pics lol.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
been busy the last couple of days, mods tucked under the hood of his, I've been moving around stuff in the inside lol. I think it looks much better and more user friendly, what do you think?
Here it is before, the shift light is on the left, my air fuel gauge on the right and my greddy profec e-01 mounted to the side.

here's my greddy type s boost controller and turbo timer mounted under the radio

Here are the after shots
got rid of the air fuel gauge, got my wideband display and turbo time mounted in a pocket in the stock radio location

put the ash tray back in, I finally fig out how my profec e-01 worked so I don't need the type s anymore lol.

here's where I mounted the shift light and profec screen, I have the wideband output going to the screen so I can see the air/fuel along with the boost without having to look at 2 diff gauges.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
few new pics of the c-pillar brace.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New parts for the Ride

Got a center grill insert from grill-tech.com, thanks Derek for the info :TU:. This should hide the front mount a little bit and protect it from rocks and other assorted shit from bouncing off of it :lol: I ordered the sides too, but I don't know if I want to put them on or not.

Finally broke down and bought some amber corners :lol:

Here it all is together, I like it, subtle changes, but still clean looking :D

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, cutting the bumper like I wanted went bad :lol:, I had to use the side mesh pieces I bought to hide the carnage. Here are some pics, I'll have to get some during the day, but they don't look that bad imo, the angle they''re mounted on make them look darker than they really are.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
94EXa2 said:
how low did you drop it btw?
It's dropped on a set of Eibach sportlines, Tokico Illuminas, and Meagan racing LCA's. I think the drop was supposed to be 1.5" or so, but I think it's closer to 2". Once I put the LCA's on, it evened out the drop, gave it a little less of a rake towards the front.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
time to whore it up lol, it was a nice day today so I washed the car and went aout took some pics. Finally some daytime pics to show off the grill inserts and new corners.

the front windows aren't tinted anymore, they started peeling and looking like ass so I stripped them. All 3 rear windows are next, they are doing the same thing. :TD: to shitty tint jobs.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sohc Wrath said:
I likes, very hott :TU:
thanks, here's some more shots with the changes I made and posted up for the clanender thread. Put the plx display and tubo timer in a pocket in the fac radio loaction. Took off the tint, added some amber corners and mesh up front.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I did it :lol:, I finally pulled the A/C out. I cut the belt off and drove it around today and I never imagined the lack of the extra drag from the compressor could make that much of a difference. I need to clean the shit out of the bay where it was, but all in time ;)

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, I blew my head gasket :lol:. I'm putting a fac honda hg back on and some arp's. Hoping to finish it up tom night. I'll post some pics of the install.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good luck...

Pic whore cant wait.
ok, here ya go :lol:

see boys and girls, with routine oil changes and taking care of your car, your top end can look this good too at 191,000 mile ;)

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some pics of stuff I've never posted before. Here's my bov flange. They guy that made it for me hooked me up, looks like the pipe came with the adapter made on to it

My underhood fuseblock, 4 gauge wires to the battery and the alt.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
OK, she's fixed :D. I took it out and drove it for about an hour and boosted on it pretty good a couple of times and it looks like it's doing good, no over flow in the reservoir, and no coolant all over my engine bay :lol:. I'm going to go back tom and re-torque the head studs. ARP said either 500 miles, or after a good heat cycle when I called them. I made some changes too while it was down, I cleaned up the bay some, I put a catch can I modified on the valve cover and got some MSD 8.5mm wires and took off my Crane 11mm. Here she is back together and some pics of the wires and the catch can.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I finally got around to putting the front 2 es inserts in the lower motor mounts, I can honestly say def worth the money and I can't wait to get the rear one in this weekend when I have some free time. It shifts smoother and the power is there when I nail it now, not getting wasted with the shitty mounts I had in there. Here's what the old mount looked like when I took it out of the driver side. I went ahead and got new mounts for both sides so I'd have fresh new mounts up front, the passenger side wasn't this bad, but it was time for a new one anyways :lol:

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shitty phone pic

well, they're in. I just got them in tonight and made sure they're doing ok. They do help with filling in where the headlights don't shine right in front of the car. I need to tweak them just a little with the way the covers fit, but all and all they look pretty good. I'll post some better pics in the day time when I get a chance to clean it up.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts