Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been a while since I've posted on here, been extremely busy with school (Mechanical Engineering is a life-drainer) and what not. But spring is around the corner and my z6 is getting a little bit more love!

Doing a whole new turbo kit this time around, mated with a brand new GT2871r with a TiAL .64A/R housing, LoveFab Mini-Me manifold, and TiAL 44mm wastegate.

The owner of LoveFab decided to buy me some Supertech valve springs and retainers, so I was thinking...why not! Let's do a head build as well! So I went ahead and purchase a comp 59300 cam, and AEM cam gear to compensate the valve springs. With time and decision making, I'm going to have LoveFab build me a custom intake manifold as well.

Last season's setup:

New babymaker ;)

Current Build Specs:
LoveFab SST D-series Ram Horn Manifold
LoveFab intercooler piping
LoveFab downpipe
LoveFab 3" custom exhaust
Garrett T3 50 Trim
AEM EMS Series 1
TiAL MVS Wastegate
TiAL Q 60mm BOV
Competition Stage 4 Clutch
RC 750's (might have to upgrade)
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Supertech Valve Seals
AEM Wideband, Autometer Boost and Oil Gauges
ARP Headstuds
Full OEM/Cometic Gasket Replacement Kit
Innovative 75A Steel Mount Kit
Eagle Rods
Vitara 75mm Pistons
ATi Super Damper
Vibrant Performance Oil Catch can with SS Braided lines

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you dude!! It means a lot. I'm 21 now, and I purchased this car right when I got my license at 16.

Here are some before and after photos, it's came a long long way.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That car is gorgeous man. I'm looking to do a very similar build on my ej. Thats the perfect turbo I cant wait to see it all come together, subscribed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That car is gorgeous man. I'm looking to do a very similar build on my ej. Thats the perfect turbo I cant wait to see it all come together, subscribed.

Thanks dude!! You'll be more than pleased with this setup forsure! I'm actually putting up my turbo kit for sale here soon so I can make room for the new one!! :) Hopefully should see 350WHP on our "heartbreaker" dyno.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Nice car mate I love seeing clean coupes around here. Sohc-t = weaksos!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice car mate I love seeing clean coupes around here. Sohc-t = weaksos!
Thank you!! It was resprayed three times, and body work was done each time it was resprayed. But the last time we did it (my father and I), we decided to weld a new quarter panel on the rear driver side. Definitely was the best route to take!

Might as well post this as well. A couple of weeks ago I took full advantage of the nice weather and got my car out to do a pull. Way too anxious I'll tell you that!!

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
^ I remember seeing this video on DSO peeps. Good stuff

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Yessir I posted it up on the facebook page! I just had the itch to do it...if you know what I mean ;)
Yessir very understandable my stuff is all over the place as well. I'm just messy like that

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yessir very understandable my stuff is all over the place as well. I'm just messy like that
Haha I feel ya!!

That is one clean car!!
Thanks dude!

Very nice setup you've got going man, is that your crv as well? I own a 97 crv and a turbo stock sohc eg. Im ready for more progress haha!
Appreciate it! And yeah it's my CR-V. It's a 98 EX 5speed :) I love it so much. They're the perfect winter car. especially since we have such harsh winter seasons up here in Northern Lower Peninsula Michigan.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts