Honda D Series Forum banner

My Eg

3K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  EGcracker21 
#1 ·
i have just finished my mini me swap.....let me know what you think ill have more pics later....

d16a6 block......
golden eagle rods...
arias 9.1 turbo pistons(custom made to 77mm)
darton dry sleeve with flange

d16y8 head.......
ARP head bolts
darton cometic head gasket... 77mm
skunk2 complete valve train with cam as well...
3 angle grind.... port and polish.... pocket port...and port matched
ngk plugs/wirs
rc370 injectors
B&M fpr/ with pressure gauge

Turbo......
Custom hx manifold built by Virtual Works
16g turbo ported
Apexi spec2 bov
custom 3in down pipe
Tuned on hondata s300
turbo xs manuel boost controller

THE REST OF THE CAR

skunk2 pro c full coilover system
skunk2 dual bend short shifter
skunk2 balanced shift knob

Seibon carbon fiber hood
Seibon carbon fiber duckbill
Seibon carbon fiber mirrors
Seibon carbon fiber front lip

Rota gt3 16x7 with toyo proxes 205/45/16 tires
Faze boost gauge
faze air/fuel gauge( for now i need a wide band)
fliudyne half radiator

with d16z6 boost

with new motor and intercooler...

side veiw

See less See more
#3 ·
what kind of rims are they and are they light? I am looking for super light rims for my crx and i like the looks of those.

#17 · (Edited)
hell yeah... 324whp? that's not an ordinary honda you see daily...
he must mean crank hp bro, there is no way rc 370s can safely produce that at the wheels long, hell 450s struggle at that number.
but thats great power, do you pull the motor to get it dynoed? i wonder what it makes to the wheels? with 15% loss thats still like 275 to the wheels nice numbers but these guys are right no way those rc 370s can handle that for long, i just sold a set of rc 370s to a guy here and when i ran them they where maxed out at 250 whp and that was with the fp upped some and a 255 liter fuel pump.
infact my 450s are maxed out right now at 300 whp / 345 at the crank. So upgrade them injectors before you try to get over 300 whp or you will have issues.
remember a good tune is the key to keeping it running for a long time. any one can crank up the timing and boost to hit a phenomenal number, a good tuner knows when to call it quits for a safe long lasting tune.

#9 ·
id grab some bigger injectors man. seems like your pushing those little things really hard

but it looks nice and nice numbers man

#10 ·
right now the injectors are running perfect when we did the last tuning session.....the tuner that tunes for the shop i represent is clark turner and he did his little mathmatic guru stuff to find out where still pretty safe but when we go to 18psi im going to bump up just in case never wanna lean out.........!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 ·
as im sitting here i just got the call that my rc 750's are in so now im going to go down to the shop and throw those in and tomorrow ill be back on the dyno.......

no i didnt pull the motor to get it dynoed it was done in the car so that that was whp......but the person that tunes for the shop is CLARK TURNER you can find out info on him on you tube and the web as well he's a world class tuner

#21 · (Edited)
good call on the 750,as far as world class goes as soon as he tuned you to make that kind of whp on 370s i would a went else where, not knocking your car but ask any real world class tuner and they would say the same thing, i am glad you got the 750s before it went boom. don't expect to make much more power with the 750s, as i think Clark Turner probably used way to much timing to get you those numbers with the 370s to start with.The 16 g is about out of power at those numbers any way, i am currently running the big 16g and 450s and you see what i am making safely in my sig, to reach 350 or so i need to upgrade to a 18g and 750s in the spring. I used to go to another tuner who tuned all kinds of 10 second street hondas, turns out he was a aggressive tuner, He was alot like Clark Turner in that he told me 370s was fine for up to 300 whp :( it cost me a motor, i don't want to see that happen to you. I would suggest you send the tune file to a few other tuners when its done so they can offer you any advice on what they see, thats what i did, many top tuners will gladly look at your tune file, i sent mine to 3 different ones and when all 3 came back with a WTF i knew it was time to find a new tuner, So now i only go to evans tunning. I think jeff would look at your tune file let me know if you want me to ask him for yah.

looks like the small 16g you have there.

324hp on 11psi? even if its ported that sounds nuts considering your at relatively stock compression.

sick car btw.
well like i said i think Clark Turner is using way to much timing, he is primarily a subaru tuner and most of them have knock sensors and can retard timing automatically, the D series does not :( Listen to what these guys say here bro its a great site and when they start telling you stuff you can sleep well at night knowing its good info. He is right a ported 16 g is pretty much a hot air blower once you get to the higher psi numbers.

#20 ·
looks like the small 16g you have there.

324hp on 11psi? even if its ported that sounds nuts considering your at relatively stock compression.

sick car btw.

Reactions: mindless
#22 ·
thanks for the advice......im like a sponge i like here and learn all the time....i did just look at what i wrote about my compression and i dont have my arias pistons in i have the JE 8.5.1 the arias are still in my z6 block....ya i put my rc750's in today and tomorrow im going back on the dyno and we'll see what im going to get....

As of my turbo yes that is the small 16g ported for now it has been great for me and a few of my freinds....but i have the garrett gt28r just waitng for my mainifold to be finished ... so that will be going on in a couple of weeks probably.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.