Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first had trouble with my EG bc my car wouldn't have started due to not priming my fuel pump. ive chkeced my relays and fuses under the hood and also my ecu swapped them and chkeced my p28 harness and I checked the fuel pump relays harness also.

I might also have accidently removed srs air bag fuses etc idk?

I fixed my current fuel no start problem but now

that stupid SRS light is on...

where how do I start checking my SRS air bag function and how do I look it??
so sad I fixed one thing one other problem pops up.

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
881 Posts
Plug under your seat, unhook the batt for a bit, use a jumper on the SRS plug.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,016 Posts
google

or remove srs bulb

or remove all srs wiring and brain

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Jump the service check connector. Your SRS light will indicate what is stored in the SRS ECM.
Exactly. It will flash like the ECU light does to tell you what code it has, then you look that up, and it will tell you where to start looking for your disconnected connector! :)

A way many people screw up and cause the SRS light is to remove the steering wheel, and then reinstall it with the clock spring in the wrong position. Then once you go full lock in a turn, it stretches and breaks the ribbon inside the clock spring. Then its like the air bag is disconnected, and the SRS light comes on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I figured it out. my EG has a fuse box under the dash that has yellow strickly srs wire harnesses that just sticks to far right near the fuse box that not connecting to anything. I removed it has two wires and did exactly what this on youtube. awesome it works charms when I reset my SRS light.

it was possible the light came on right after I removed fuses under the dash with the key is on. The fuses was good of course and I checked tried removed the battery for couple 15minutes plus. it still have that .

I did this SRS trick on youtube and it helps. works the second time I did it now I am SRS light free :turned:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts