Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been doing alot to my car Here and there, and I don't want to clutter the boards with a piece by piece thread, so I will just combine it all into one big one.

First, I bought the car as a shell. It had Pleather ripped up seats, no interior in the rear and steelies. Lets see it from start, to current.

Next up, I lowered it more, put in the D15b and painted the engine bay, LS Dc4 seats and so on.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, the crank pulley kept falling off the d15b and I did not feel like replacing the crank and bearings so on and so forth. So..its out.

Then, I painted the corners and bumper lights Amber.

Haha, currently I got rid of the LS meshs for HX rims and I didn't like the Hx's being black, so I decided to paint them as well as painted my high beam lens yellow also,. I now have GSR leather seats.

I am putting a LS in the EF soon within a month or so..but I still love D-series:)

Leave me some feed back guys..

·
Registered
787 Posts
i remember this car
looks hot man love the writing on the fender.rep to u and who ever wrote sponsered by :deznutz hahahahah

·
Registered
58 Posts
The rims look nice. How did you do? What kind of paint did you used?

Well, the crank pulley kept falling off the d15b and I did not feel like replacing the crank and bearings so on and so forth. So..its out.

Then, I painted the corners and bumper lights Amber.

Haha, currently I got rid of the LS meshs for HX rims and I didn't like the Hx's being black, so I decided to paint them as well as painted my high beam lens yellow also,. I now have GSR leather seats.

I am putting a LS in the EF soon within a month or so..but I still love D-series:)

Leave me some feed back guys..

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rims were originally black.

I bought the following:

2 cans of aircraft paint stripper 5 bucks each.

2 cans of white duplicolor gloss white paint
2 small cans of candy red duplicolor paint

took each rim off the car

Sprayed thick coats of aircraft stripper let it bubble (its eating away the paint), then get a wire brush and start scrubbing the paint off. Be careful, that stripper is acidic and burns and itches like hell.

Then I painted the lip first, let it dry, then taped it up, and painted the rims white and clearcoated it all.

:)

·
Registered
58 Posts

The rims were originally black.

I bought the following:

2 cans of aircraft paint stripper 5 bucks each.

2 cans of white duplicolor gloss white paint
2 small cans of candy red duplicolor paint

took each rim off the car

Sprayed thick coats of aircraft stripper let it bubble (its eating away the paint), then get a wire brush and start scrubbing the paint off. Be careful, that stripper is acidic and burns and itches like hell.

Then I painted the lip first, let it dry, then taped it up, and painted the rims white and clearcoated it all.

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts