Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 si
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At one point in time, About 6 years ago. I had JDM rear seats in my 90 Si. I sold them along with the car. I liked them all except I hate when things dont match. I didnt have JDM front seats, So I just thought it looked odd. Anyway. Now With my new ride. I decided to use 90 91 si front head rests for rear ones. Ya they are a couple inches taller. But I still like it, Some dont, But thats ok with me.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
91 si
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DIY Rear hearrests 88-91 hatch.

Sorry about the vague or non existent DIY description. I was in a hurry when I posted it. I used two front Si seats for the mounting. I didn't have to destroy two front Si seats to do it, But i had them laying around. I could Have used Dx seats. Dismantling the rear seats was simple, You can see when taken apart that the foam is molded so that JDM headrests can be used. I thought that was interesting. I believe the spacing for the posts is also the same width as CRX Si headrests. Anyway I cut them out the front seats, with the material just laying on top of the metal frame of the rear seat, I Measured to the center of the (Center material strip) on the back seat. marked it and then cut the metal tubing out. Just so happens that the rear seat frame has the same size tubing, So it fit like it was supposed to be there. I knew the headrest was going to be a lot taller than the JDM ones, I dont have a pic of it but on the underneath side of the plastic insert, You will be able to see that it has about a 1/2 inch or so of plastic that I cut off so that when inserted into the metal, They sat that much farther down. I then put the plastic insert into the cut out metal piece, then the headrest, Then put the back seat back in the car (without the foam or material) put the cut out piece with the headrest in it. I held it in place so that the headrest was straight up and down, Then tack welded it. I then took the seat out, Pulled the headrest and plastic insert out and finished welding it. on the back side of the foam, where the new metal piece and headrest posts go, You will need to cut the foam down so when its all put together, It doesn't push it out and make a big bump. Then put it all together and repeat.

If anyone has questions, Fell free to ask.

·
Registered
91 si
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry about the vague or non existent DIY description. I was in a hurry when I posted it. I used two front Si seats for the mounting. I didn't have to destroy two front Si seats to do it, But i had them laying around. I could Have used Dx seats. Dismantling the rear seats was simple, You can see when taken apart that the foam is molded so that JDM headrests can be used. I thought that was interesting. I believe the spacing for the posts is also the same width as CRX Si headrests. Anyway I cut them out the front seats, with the material just laying on top of the metal frame of the rear seat, I Measured to the center of the (Center material strip) on the back seat. marked it and then cut the metal tubing out. Just so happens that the rear seat frame has the same size tubing, So it fit like it was supposed to be there. I knew the headrest was going to be a lot taller than the JDM ones, I dont have a pic of it but on the underneath side of the plastic insert, You will be able to see that it has about a 1/2 inch or so of plastic that I cut off so that when inserted into the metal, They sat that much farther down. I then put the plastic insert into the cut out metal piece, then the headrest, Then put the back seat back in the car (without the foam or material) put the cut out piece with the headrest in it. I held it in place so that the headrest was straight up and down, Then tack welded it. I then took the seat out, Pulled the headrest and plastic insert out and finished welding it. on the back side of the foam, where the new metal piece and headrest posts go, You will need to cut the foam down so when its all put together, It doesn't push it out and make a big bump. Then put it all together and repeat.

If anyone has questions, Fell free to ask.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts