Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up? So heres my honda story lol. 3 years ago i knew nothing about cars really. Change a battery or a tire thats it really. But after spending all my free time ondseries,hondatech,pgmfi,turbod16,homemadeturbo etc. even took a few online tuning courses on hpacademy recently ive turned from newb too honda guru/anything with wheels enthusiast/mechanic pretty much work on all my friends shit for them ladada but onto the point. Picked up my first car (1990 dx hatchback) 2.5 years ago was kinda stupid did the engine bay shave/tuck basically got half way through the car then ran into a **** ton of rust so i scrapped it :( super sad but i was dumb back then. I then came across buddy who had a mint white (1991dx hatch) shell that had been sitting under a tarp for 3-4 years so i picked that up off him for a total of 350 canadian dollars. No engine just rolling shell on junkyard suspension. But i got full rear ef9 bumper/mount/lip, ef9 wing, ef9 trim and ef9 fenders with side markers also had a ef8 cluster with 14x,xxxkm on the clock... Score!! Car had a broken windshield due to a shelterlogic tent collapsing on it in the middle of winter with like 1 foot of snow on it. Damn BC winters for you...

So i cleaned it up got the windshield out/new one installed. I then pcked up a rebuilt fresh d16z6 for 200 dollars for it from prince george.. Another score i had a stock l3 trans from my first car bolted it up to an got it inthe car. I was just missing a harness for the car at the time and since i knew i was gonna go big with it one day my brother kindly bought me a rywire budget d harness for it i then drove it for a year parked it for the winter and tore it apart. So far i have stripped interior,doors hatch engine bay shaved an all fresh black paint. Rockers and inner fenders have been relined with rocker guard.
Entire wire harness was opened up and delete what wasnt needed and checked for any damage then reloomed with nice braided loom from painless wire solutions. New plugs where needed for quicker install/ removal i had a ratsnest of wire that was removed from the car mostly the factory ecu wires because the rywire harness goes straight from the ecu into the bay. Now that the inside is painted and engine bay is done im slowly putting it back together.

Suspension/chassis/interior.

Parts i have on the car now:
Crx si rear disk swap (90-91)
Brand new caliper front +back
Brand new rotors front+ back
Brand new 90-93 integra ebrake cables
Full energy suspension red poly bushing kit
Energy red poly TA bushings
Koni/gc 340lb front +rear
Spc rear toe links
Ingalls rear camber kit
Brand new inner/outter tierods +boots
Brand new skunk 2 UCA
New ball joint lower
New wheel bearings front SKF
New rear hub/bearings rear BECKARNLEY
All new wheels studs
Russell braided steel brake lines
GC tophats RED
Innovative front traction bar
Rebuilt steering rack with new bearing seal rack end bushing.
Gold nrg steering wheel
Nrg short hub
Crx 90-91 dash board
New brake booster (clearcoated for protection)
New 15/16 master cylinder
Hawk hps pads front/back
Stock front/rear sway bar for now with new energy poly bushing/links
Crossmember,trailing arms steering knuckles have all been stripped and painted black.
Insides of front fenders where rocker guarded.

Parts needed to finish suspension/chassis:

ASR rear brace and 32mm sway bar
Front swaybar (size?)
Brake line tuck kit.. Either rywire or build my own.
Rear lca? Stock crx ones are fresh black with red poly bush so those will do fine for now.

Engine/transmission:
Approx 7.6:1 compression
94 d16z6
Vitara 75.5mm pistons
Eagle h-beam w/arp 2000
Acl bearings
Micro polsihed crank
Notched girdle/block
Stock z6 pan
New oem oil pump
Full street-pro gasket kit from real st.
.030" MLS headgasket
New oem water pump
New tensioner
Gates timing belt
Polished combustion chamber
Small port job
3 angle valve job
Supertech bronze valve guides
Supertech std valves
Supertech valve springs
Bisimoto level 2.4 camshaft
Bwr cam gear
Arp head studs
Skunk 2 intake
Skunk 2 66mm tb
Bwr adjustable fpr (the one that utilizes the factory bottom half might need to upgrade)
Aem fuel rail
Southbayfuelinjectors bosch 1000cc
Aem 320lph in take pump
-6an fuel line from firewall to inline system 1 30 micron filter
All new seals/hoses
MightyMouse catch can for valve cover
MightyMouse pcv can for back of block

Transmission:
S20 stock gearing.
Mfactory helical lsd
Sunchrotec carbon synchro kit
New seals/ bearings
Stock axles for temporary

Engine management:

P28 hondata s300
Hondata 4 bar
Innovative lc1 wideband (any better suggestions?)
Hondata 4 port boost solenoid
Rywire dseries harness
Oil temp/pressure guage
Water temp
Egt
Tunerview din screen

Forced induction:
T3/t04e 57 trim .63A/R
Go autoworks charge pipe/intercooler/ramhorn manifold
Tial 38mm wastegate or 44mvr?
HKS bov
3 inch hood or bumper exit

Aiming for 400whp at 20-25 psi on pump gas i think it should pass that with the cam/ head work and turbo setup
Yes this is on stock sleeves i dont expect it to go 50,000km lol. I should get a few seasons out of it and ill be a happy camper
Then it will be forged/sleeved on race gas. I will post pictures very soon of progress on the block is at the machine shop right now and the car will be a slow progress due to not having all the parts and the way the canadian dollar is sitting. Its pretty hard on a guy having to spend a few hundred dollars ontop of a few hundred dollars if youn know what i mean. I hope you didnt read this and are bummed there are no pictures yet, i will get them up asap even of the old car i first started on, and i will update as i go. But i will finish this project eventually as im not one to give up or
Find myself in a financial shit hole and sell it. I plan on keeping this chassis till im atleats 30 im only 20 so there ya go lol thanks for reading. And sorry if its hard to read due to shitty punctuation and or choice of vocabulary its 4:20am and im tired.stay tuned for pictures. Stay classy america lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lol apparently i missed the little silly paper clip called attatchments. Anyways.. Heres the first car i had to scrap cause i was young dumb but not ugly..

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyways thats enough of that before i start to cry lol.. 4th pic was when the D that could and WILL arrived. Heres some pics of the new chassis last year when i got it on the road and got to take it for the first drive, took it to the next town for a good rip. Dont mind the disgusting blue and red i had bad taste lol. Basically drove it around town all summer took it on a 2500km roadtrip with brand new tires came back the rears were at 80% and front 20% due to bad toe up front but it didnt pull hard enough to make me think they would wear so quick.. Oh well 300 bucks at my place of work cheapy tires. Next pics are of the teardown after i got back from my trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Super slow process uploading these pictures on ny cell. The chassis is pretty much put back together few little things here and there still have a fair amount of wiring to do

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So ya cars getting pretty close to looking like a car again sitting all wierd gotta align it a bit better so it can sit pretty. And i just statted hacking out the front bumper grille for the intercooler gonna take it to my brothers shop and paint it today. As you can see theres lotsa snow and ice on the ground where i live high up in the british columbian mountains lol. Gonna go get some timmies first though eh. Also a picture of the reworked chambers nothing serious just gave em a shine same amount on each one. Figured while im in there and before i send it to the shop may as well better off doing that with the old valves in and not damaging a seat. Was alot of soot in there i had to remove before i found aluminum lol. Just gives it a bit of a smoother surface that soot cant stick too and cause little hotspots. Well thats it for now ill have more very soon i hope. Should be going to pick up my block soon and get it painted. Crappy thing is he is the only machinist in town and doesnt have a bronze valve guide reemer so i might have to drive a few hundred clicks that way to the next shop lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looks like a good build so far. I too scrapped a project car after putting 2 years into it due to loosing my place to keep it, so I know the heart ache :(

What are you using for flooring in your tent?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya man it truely sucks. its old sawmill conveyor belt cut into strips. works pretty well, good grip lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man appreciate it. ya i figured someone would mention the spring rates haha i wasnt sure wtf to go with so i figured std spring rates would do me fine for awhile with the dampening in the konis. i think they are the same rates as the gsr integra. will upgrade in the future with front and rear bars.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
The white on black color scheme is nice looking. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update!!
Its been a while and the engine and transmission are finally finished lookin good. The new mfactory lsd and carbon pro series syncros along with a stage 4 competition clutch mounted to a competition leightweight flywheel are in. Got the motor and trans in the car the other day and my kit showed up from goautoworks. Ended up going with a tga billet ball bearing 5857 with a .65 a/r 3 inch vband hotside. Its been a long while i had many other pictures to post but unfotunatley lost all my pictures on my old phone. Now its just small things from here plumbing lines and wiring stuff. Hoping to have it running before the snow flys :)

Attachments

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
With the amount of torque you have the potential of making, why not go with the safe-bet on the CC Stg V clutch kit?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts