Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a cabinet installer and everyday i pack over 750lbs of tools in the back of my 91 dx it doesnt really sag too much,and suprisingly enough it doesnt consume too much fuel,while running 80mph back and forth on my 65 mile commute but even with new stock shocks my rear tires cup is there a good way to beef up my suspension,and maybe enhance my prformance unloaded,while solving the cupping promblem?

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
buy a truck

Reactions: modsHXcivi

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
.....that's horrible
its true though man, think about it. there is prolly nothing he can bolt onto his civic that would help him. 750lbs is a ridiculous amount of tools

·
Registered
159 Posts
my guess the cheapest ways would be to put the little twisty things between the springs sometimes they pop out but they are cheap and dont be around them when they do pop out lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
buy a truck
Maybe you missed the point.I drive over 130 miles a day,I own a truck Its a 93 3/4 ton dodge this thing gets like 2 gallons to the mile.All those pusssies on the job drive bigg ass trucks and dont use them I pac twice as many tools as them in to my honda.PLUS i can lock my shit up at the river or lake and go fishing.Besides i funcking love my little honda. I was thinking of a complete interior strip to off set a little weight,maybe install some air bags on the trailing arms i dont know i was just wondering if a higer spring rate would help? "buy a truck" fuck that!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Get some higher springrate springs. Id say order some cheap ass sleeve coilovers and you could just leave them at stock height. You might want to check into some better tires, maybe something with a stiffer sidewall, or one that are reinforced.

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
Maybe you missed the point.I drive over 130 miles a day,I own a truck Its a 93 3/4 ton dodge this thing gets like 2 gallons to the mile.All those pusssies on the job drive bigg ass trucks and dont use them I pac twice as many tools as them in to my honda.PLUS i can lock my shit up at the river or lake and go fishing.Besides i funcking love my little honda. I was thinking of a complete interior strip to off set a little weight,maybe install some air bags on the trailing arms i dont know i was just wondering if a higer spring rate would help? "buy a truck" fuck that!!
A smaller truck perhaps

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
they make airbags for load helping...for people who use cars to tow with, it would bolt to your lower control arm...i would google airbags, and go from there...

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
by cupping, do you mean, your tires are deforming? if so, up the air pressure..

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
cupping occures when the tire is hopping up and down while driving...can happen from overloading

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
omnipower coilovers with 10k and 12k springs.......

·
Registered
97 EK
104 Posts
what about putting a hitch on your car and towing all of your shit. but then you wouldn't be able to lock it up like you said you enjoy. so yea, just high spring rates fo sho

·
Registered
159 Posts
ooo noo dont cut the roof off lol id bring ya a little ranger or s10 to trade ya before ya did that lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts