Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been rolling the VTec as of spring 2018.

1993 Del Sol Si ..With lots of 1995 Del Sol Si parts.

1995 D16Z6 - Low mileage motor that was in an automatic Del Sol

The List -
AEM Cold Air Intake
K&N Filter
AEM Fuel Rail (came on the motor for reasons unknown. It was automatic at one point. And stock)
3 Row Aluminum Radiator
Catch can to keep the innards clean..
Skunk2 Intake Manifold - Was originally bought for my B7 / ZC build
Blox camshaft
Supertech Springs
Rage Racing Adjustable Cam Gear

4-2-1 Header
2.5" Cat-Back
Borla Exhaust

Front / Rear strut tower braces - Really help with Del Sols. Especially with the roof off.
Skunk2 Adjustable Coilovers
Skunk2 Short Throw Shifter / Linkage bushings

Chipped / Socketed P06 turned into a P28 clone
Street tuned using -
Crome Gold
Moates Ostrich
Moates Burn2
WB Wideband / Bosch 4.2

Cam is advanced about 2 degrees. That was the sweet spot for daily driving.

Probably a bunch of crap I forgot that I will add as I remember..

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,285 Posts
looks good Man!

I like the ocd plug wire placement ,I'm sure they don't touch each other..

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good Man!

I like the ocd plug wire placement ,I'm sure they don't touch each other..
Thanks, man. Oh, dude, there were even more wire guides. I do the same thing with my brake cables on my old school flatland, BMX bike. I had to say to myself, "That's enough"..and remove some from my plug wires. Hah.

Now it's time to get more work done to the A6 and get more work done on the '95 coupe.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I almost fell into the trap of buying a bunch of expensive cable combs when I made custom cables for my PC. I wound up buying a roll of string instead and lacing them together. But I know that feeling of “dude, stop,
it looks fine.”

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I almost fell into the trap of buying a bunch of expensive cable combs when I made custom cables for my PC. I wound up buying a roll of string instead and lacing them together. But I know that feeling of “dude, stop,
it looks fine.”
Speaking of PC wires, when I started doing stuff to my house with magnets to get rid of the levels of "interferrence" I was dealing with, I started using Ferrite Magnets on the wires inside my PC. It has helped big time. You may want to try that. Might surprise you. I've been thinking of trying it on my spark plug wires and dizzy wires. There is definitely electromagnetic interferrence in our surroundings. Much more when I'm in my garage than out in the sticks somewhere...but it's still there.

Very similar to what the Russian Woodpecker was doing to TV's before they started putting "Woodpecker Blankers" on TV's as stock television gear.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, man.

I started working on the paint. Trying to get off the years of crap that has baked into the clearcoat. Did some wetsanding with 1500 and 2000 grit and then hit it with some compound(s). I need to do the entire car again and then hit it with some wax.

I have to hit the wheels next. Big time. I'm going to attempt to clean up the aluminum and then re-paint the caps. If the wheels look like crap afterward, I may paint them. Still up in the air based on the outcome. There is a set of newer five spokes locally that I may snag as well.

Right now, I'm waiting on some suspension parts and a new header.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the "before" pics of my project. I think they're neccessary for this thread. I had the chassis for years. It was a red, automatic, '93 Sol Si that my friend drove me out to buy. I drove it home and it sat...and sat and sat. A tree fell on the windshield while in the driveway. In spring of 2018, I picked up another '95 Del Sol Si...automatic as well. The black '95 Si would become the donor car.

After converting the '93 chassis from automatic to manual, it sat in this state for years -

Then, after finding the black, '95 donor Sol with a low mileage Z6 that was hooked up to an automatic trans, I got to work... Every body part from the '95 went over to the '93. Except for the rear quarters. I painted those.

I had a guy I know install a windshield. Besides that, no other human being had a hand in this build.

It's crazy to think it was that bombed out, red Sol not long ago.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Which one? Hah.

I think what saved my main one was the previous owner keeping it in the garage...and then sitting covered in my driveway for years without being driven in the salt. The salt is goddam evil and they should get rid of it. It destroys cars.

In fact, I'm working on the '95 Coupe right now that has seen it's fair share of salt. I'm doing minimal work to it so I can park the Sol in the garage and drive the Civic without cringing every time it snows and the salt comes out. I'm thinking I should just cut the rear quarters out of the Coupe now and replace them with chicken wire. F it.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kid helped me toss the header on that we got in the big parts lot purchase.
He even torqued the bolts down on it...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,455 Posts
Fuck I miss the D and Taylortucky. I have a trans to deliver to Pontiac once everyone gets unlocked for travel.

Fuck, I need a MI coney/diner right about now! DRC IS LIFE!!!!!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Little slab houses..for you and me" - John Cougar - If he was from Taylor

Dude, when you come up, let me know.

You could put some water in your car with the trans and say you're delivering it to a thirsty Bolshevik if they stop you. They'll be sure to let you move along..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts