Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
my delsol
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock D16z6 in my eg coupe.I don't wanna do to much to it.my goal is to hit late 13's early 14's....I want to do basic boltons.can I reach my goal with this set-up..

1.skunk2 megapower exhaust
2.bisi headers
3.velocity stack
4.blox intake manifold
5.blox throttle body

????

·
Registered
1 Posts
N/A means naturally aspirated (no turbo's,superchargers or nos) just the engine

F/I means forced induction (with turbo's,supercharger,nos)

you will need to tune the car to run well with the modifications as it wont make the best from them without...imagine your pc at home having new hardware in it without you rebooting it to run with the new stuff..if you don't get your car tuned after mods like that it will run like crap and either overfuel or not fuel correctly so budget for some form of tning from a well known tuner in your area

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
if you dont know what n/a and f/i means i suggest you start reading start with the sticky's and then search. at this point i honestly dont think your ready for a build first you need to learn the basics

·
Registered
my delsol
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok than n/a it is.I'm not to big of a turbo guy..and what exacually do they do to the car when they tune it???and what's the price on something like this??

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
id just start with basic Intake/Header/Exhaust to start out with, ebay headers are best bang for the buck if your staying N/A and on a budget, i really dont think you'd wana spend 600bucks on a bisi header for a stock build i mean its an amazing header from what i hear but i dont think you'd need it, the stock computer will be able to compensate for minor adjustments in air/fuel deliver b but when you start changing the intake manifold,camshaft,throttle body and other stuff your going to need to tune the car. take a look into the engine management forum on tuning basics there should be a sticky for it. i say for the moment concentrate on just keeping the engine tuned up, hows the suspension holding up?

·
3,332 Posts
np man :td: there is a ton of info on this site, just search for what other people have built, ask lots of questions. good luck with your build

·
Registered
my delsol
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So a intake ,header,exhaust set up doesn't require tuning in order to get the best out if the parts??and suspenion is stock for now.that's the first thing I wanna change

·
Registered
581 Posts
jeezus christo...

SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i mean come on...you're asking basic and big questions...take a seat in the back of the class and read and watch and ask questions and learn...like we all had to do...

i am no bad ass...but i am LEARNING...you should try it sometime...

·
3,332 Posts
lol dang kaace go easy, im sure we have all started the same type of thread once or more. i know i have, go easy on him.

·
Registered
581 Posts
okay...i rescind all previous statements on the advice of my lawyer...

i have this prepared statement...ahem...

"Welcome to d-series...have a look around and dont forget to read before you ask..thank you and good day to you"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts