Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am new to forrum and i have 97 civic dx w/d16y7. I was just wondering if there are several mods i can make to my engine other than bolt-ons like intake, exhaust to give it some more power. I have heard of the mini-me swap and was also wondering if that is done mainly for future plans for forced induction? ANY HELP OR ADVISE IS WANTED.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yah Mini-Me or a home made turbo. Lighter wheels, better ties, suspension. Sway bars. Those can all be pretty cheap and effective if you shop around.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yeah,weight reduction is yourbest friend if youre goin n/a. That is besides ebay. I would reccomend an ebay header or smsp depending on how far you want to go. Smsp claims gains of up to 15 whp on their website. sms-products.com

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Um the electric parts like ecu and stuff is all available at xenocron.com the header and head and other parts youll have to look for. I reccomend using a y8 tranny(better) and using a salvage yard so you dont have to pay shipping. Check out pgmfi.com as well so you can eventually learn to tune with a wideband, i got a good understanding in about 5 hours(not straight) but am still yet to do it hands on.
Good luck with your build. Also search the for sale thread once you get 65 posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts