Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok firts off I´m in Brazil and the dolla here is woth 1.72 right now. And import fees are 60% of retail. So for a $200 dollar part i end up paying $550. Ad I only get payed $800 a month:crying:

I own a 93 EDM LSI. It was smoking preety bad so i decide to do a rebuild and add some shit to it. I´m going with this ebay rebuild kit for now with some p29s
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&viewitem=&item=160281037484&_trksid=p3907.m32
Some bisimoto springs and retainers
http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_9_31_32&products_id=83
a skunk2 cam gear ( milling head .04)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130254866992&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003
ARP head bolts
F1 Racing stage 3 clutch
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__F1-RACING-STAGE-3-CLUTCH-89-HONDA-CIVIC-CRX-D15-D16_W0QQitemZ150294101598QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150294101598&_trkparms=72%3A543%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

The block is going 1 oversize every thing. 75.5 pistons etc.
Future mods:
DPFI TO MPFI OBD1 with p28 ecu for CHOME USE:tool:
Bisimoto turbo cam.
T3/ T04 Turbo set up
Bigger injectors.
:mikej:

Open for sugestions.
Thanks

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Ok firts off I´m in Brazil and the dolla here is woth 1.72 right now.
Yeah but you got all those fine ass women to look at.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
QFT right there. but your build does look good so far. but if your boosting it DO NOT get P29's, get vitaras w/ eagle rods

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah there is plenty of chicks here, But I wish i could go back to the US. I lived there from 96 to 2007 ilegal and ended up getting deported. I got there when i was 10 and grew up there. I used to walk around thinking i was american and with out notice I was getting deported to a place i hardly new and hardly speak the language. WTF right.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QFT right there. but your build does look good so far. but if your boosting it DO NOT get P29's, get vitaras w/ eagle rods
I´ll be boosting next year. By then I will have to open the engine any ways to change the rods and i will just trow in some vitaras with that. But I need he p29s for now to run it on alcohol. Alcohol here is cheap and it has higher octane rate. Our Gas here is 76 octane:sad:

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well p29's in your 1.5 block will barely boost compression maybe .2 so IMO dont bother

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
honestly your better off using PM3's better quench than P29's which will be more efficient

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
No, when i get the turbo set up I´ll be spending those $700 for crowers. But thats next year. I got to do a dpfi to mpfi obd1 first.
If your gonna spend that much on rods, might aswell get forged pistons. Id wait till FJT has the b2/b7 rods out for vitaras.

Yo i got a question. if i set my rev limiter to 10k will the bisimoto retainers and springs hold? How about my rebuild bottom end. If not what needed to get my motor spining to 10k? I know i have to brake the motor in before i do this shit. but it´s a want to.
why do you want to rev that high. Your trans isnt going to like you very much if you do that but yes they will hold. You dont make power that high, there really is no reason to.
Where can I get a Good Timing belt for my d15b2? I want one of those blue or red stile ones. Thanks
Honda OEM

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by airride View Post
Where can I get a Good Timing belt for my d15b2? I want one of those blue or red stile ones. Thanks
Honda OEM
I´m already getting oem. I wanted stronger ones.
why do you want to rev that high. Your trans isnt going to like you very much if you do that but yes they will hold. You dont make power that high, there really is no reason to.
I´ve sen some cams that make power from 4k up o 11k. It´s mostly to shut peoples mouth. A lot of people with vti B´s talk alot of shit about D´s and i want to shut them up.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man I took my block apart today and the head semed ok but cylinder 1 had a bent rod, cylinder too the piston is fried. SO i guess i got a change of plans. Instead of getting all the valve springs and shit I will just get the rebuild kit and some Crower rods. I aint got enought money for nothing else on this build.
Are crowers the only ones that makes rods for my set up? Plus do i need to notch the block to fit them in? Thanks

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
10 PSI from what turbo? PSI doesn't matter. CFM does.

Your rods won't be much stronger after being nitrided. They will be more crack resistant and oil will shed off of themselves faster, but stronger? No, not really.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts