Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Heres what happened. All my friends were hyped that I was doing an engine swap and they all offered to help. My friends dad let me use his shop and his help would have been the greatest being that he is a decent mechanic. here is how they helped. One kid held up my hood while I unbolted it. Another took off my left wheel. And the experienced mechanic unplugged my old wiring harness and I didnt get to see where anything went. So I got stuck doing the entire swap all by myself. My car is a 92 dx hatch and my new engine is a d15b with a p08 ecu I got from hmotorsonline.com. I got the motor in and I got it started. When I hit the gas, it delays before it revs. after a while, it will just die. I dont have an o2 sensor hooked up yet so I am hoping this is the problem. Another thing, I have a small hose and nowhere to put it. It comes off a black tank lookin thing on the firewall. I think its a vacuum hose. I also have a two prong wire from my harness. It is loomed with the throttle position sensor clip and the wire colors are black/yellow, and blue/yellow. One morde thing, which wire do I connect my single wire o2 sensor to? my choices are black, black, white, or green.. Oh and shouldnt I get a check engine light? Im not. Sorry this is so long but Ive done way too much work for this to not work. Thank you all very much.

M

·
0 Posts
that tank lookin thing sounds like tha master cylinder for the brakes...thats all i can tell ya

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No its not the master cylinder. Its black and right next to the rear mount. Someone told me it might be something for excess fuel? Ive never heard of anything like that. He might be bs'ing me.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Its the vaccum line for the purge solenoid whcih do not come on a D15B. You have two choices.

1. take the purge solenoid off your old manifold and bolt it somewhere on the firewall or just tape it to the harness. That line goes to the bottum port on the purge solenoid and you will have to "t" off of another vacuum line for the top port.

2. Stick a screw in the vacuum line and call it a day. It will not effect performance (that I have noticed) and it will not throw any CEL's.

The 2 wire plug you mentioned is for the purge solenoid. Just be sure you didnt mix it up with the IACV which looks damn near the same. That could be the cause of your delay/bog and poor running problem. Now the biggest concern is the o2. Evcentualy it will set a CEL once it gathers enough data to figure out if its running lean/rich or getting no readings at all. Unfortunatly I do not know which wire to connect it to but I would guess white as this is the 5v reference wire that the UCU reads from.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
yes, it's the white wire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts