Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Coupe-NEW PIC'S

its not that clean. its still has alot of work bodywork, paint, new hood. before it can be consider "clean" :p

New 06/13

Newest pictures with amber corners.

Older ones without ambers

·
Registered
1990 integra
470 Posts
clean ass coupe man iv always liked white on black

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
It's a pretty good looking coupe. And wecome to the site.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice, i love 5th gen. coupe.
Only thing i don't like is design of your hood

·
Registered
1990 integra
470 Posts
yea i agree ^^^^ IMO id go with a stock white one it would look way better but dont get me wrong it still looks good it would just look better

·
Registered
ej2
1,226 Posts
WelcoMe to The sIte BrO!

Nice Whip..

what was wrong with the black rims?

For some reason she looks like she has a b-series motor in there lol..

·
Registered
Honda Civic
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iam still currently rockin the black rims, brah

the si's is before i bought the black rims.

i wish it had a b series :biggrin:

as for the hood i plan on getting an oem style carbon fiber hood here soon.

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
I'd like to see black trim and side skirts to match the look of the car.

Or at least paint the lip white, but everybody that knows that I like black lips, trim & skirts.

Contrast is key

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
You think about painting that hood to match your car? IDK Id rock it if it was a stock style hood in carbon.

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
I like the hood the way it is, I just hate seeing painted moulding & skirts on red or white 5th Gens...

·
Registered
Honda Civic
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have the si's anymore. just the rotas.

i have gotten mixed feelings about the hood. some people like it some people don't like it. i do not mind the hood but i rather have an OEM style one. so it will give the car a cleaner look.

i am thinking of re-painting the car maybe a burnt orange. so maybe this time i will go with black trim or keep it painted :D

then maybe do something with the motor. so it wont be so dang slow lol

·
Registered
Acura Integra
364 Posts
you gotta love the d they run pretty good when tuned right :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Looks better on the Si's in my opinion. Also, I don't really like the clear corners you have. It doesn't really flow with the rest of the car to me. The hood isn't bad. If you go turbo it may even help with the higher engine bay temp. I'm with Jeezy on the side skirts, but I don't mind the door trim being paint matched...but the side skirts and the bottom of the rear bumper being color matched just doesn't look right to me...unless you do it with EK side skirts, and then it still looks a little wierd...I'm back and forth about it. But overall, I think that's a pretty good lookin coupe!!

·
CCW Classics 16x8.5" +10
2000 Honda Civic SI
1,345 Posts
Looks better on the Si's in my opinion. Also, I don't really like the clear corners you have. It doesn't really flow with the rest of the car to me. The hood isn't bad. If you go turbo it may even help with the higher engine bay temp. I'm with Jeezy on the side skirts, but I don't mind the door trim being paint matched...but the side skirts and the bottom of the rear bumper being color matched just doesn't look right to me...unless you do it with EK side skirts, and then it still looks a little wierd...I'm back and forth about it. But overall, I think that's a pretty good lookin coupe!!
x2 dude. Solid white looks....weird...but good??? I unno I'm mixed. Those clears do like a little off...im thinkin they are APC clears? I use to have some on my 93 FW EJ1...try to find some stock clears. and have you ever looked at getting the red/clear tails? clear on top, red on bottom. IMO they look SOOOOOO good on white coupes.

When you say you are going to get an OEM style hood...are you meaning a CF OEM style?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What do you mean by a d series can run good when tuned rite?

For the corners comment i am looking to pick up some jdm smoked amber's. Just haven't got around to buying them yet. also yes i have looked into the red & white tails. i think they look badass. i want to grab a set once i get my corners.

When talking about OEM style i am referring to stock(smooth) look but just carbon fiber.

I got to looking at pictures and my car would look way way better with stock black side skirts.

keep the good and bad comments coming. i love input so i can get ideas on what i can do to improve the look of my car. Thanks alot guys

·
Registered
227 Posts
clean coupe you got there. contrast will set that car off a lot more. but at least its clean

1 - 20 of 39 Posts