Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
811 Posts
It appears the car was running before at some point with the turbo installed? There should be a small oil slick left in the turbo. Why did you remove the turbo line? When you crank over, can you get your oil pressure lamp light in the dash to turn off (meaning oil pressure is present?) If the light DOES go out, but you still have what appears to be no oil coming from the turbo line, remove the line end from the turbo and remove your oil fill cap. Point the line into the oil fill hole in the valve cover and just start the car and let it idle briefly. Oil should make its way out very soon after start up. Shut it off as soon as possible, but I wouldn't let it run for longer than 10 seconds. Such a short run time with a previous oil coating at free spin and no load will not damage the journal bearing. This will get oil up there quickly. If you don't have oil after that, something else might be wrong and I would continue priming diagnostics by using engine cranking with the starter motor.

If you don't feel comfortable doing this or you didn't get oil coming out by doing the above, then pull the spark plugs from the holes, disable ignition (unplug distributor) and fuel injection (unplug injectors individually or connector at shock tower), verify battery is good and charged, and crank over for 30 seconds to a minute.

If you had oil pressure and volume before, you should be able to see oil coming out of the turbo line within a minute since ambient temps are cold. If not, crank longer but let the starter motor cool down for a bit before continuing. If you had oil before, you should have oil now at some point.

·
Registered
2000 honda civic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you all for your help my civic is running after so long. Could not have done it without your help by throwing me in the right direction. Super excited Here is the first start up video of my d16a vitara build enjoy. (I do have a oil leak from my feed line il take care of that asap)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts