Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, I haven't been on much because I've been busy and there are so many noobs here now lol anyways I changed my bisi knockoff header to a wrapped dc 4-1 and wanted to do something better than my edelbrock intake I had so I looked into making itbs. I tune the car too so I thought it would be a cool challenge to get it right. I kinda jumped the gun and got some cbr 954 itbs before I had a flange to put them on because they seemed so perfect and only $60 on ebay. then I spent $40 on the velocity stacks a few days later.

I had looked everywhere for a d16 intake flange and pretty much gave up when I saw the obx race manifold for $120 on ebay and it was perfect. I cut the huge plenum of and the bottom of it as well so it would just be straight tubes on a flange.

I left the fuel rail mount on at this point because I wasn't sure how the injectors being on top with the itbs would work.

There was some trial and error just getting the bolt holes to line up being an obx product and the runners don't line up great with flange but the shit is so hard its difficult to grind into and smooth out.

I had to trim the boots a little bit and grind down the intake runners some but I fought them on the first time and they have gotten a lot easier with time. I also have injector nation 450s? and they went right in the cbr rail, just like a stock injector should.

I had to trim the driver's side velocity stack to clear a brake line and it was a very tight fit at the firewall. It sounded amazing like I could hear every beat of the engine but It never ran that well with them and I had to take them back off to plug a small vacuum plug in each throttle body for a cold start thing I'm assuming on the bike.
I also had to rewire the tps because it was reading 100% at idle but after that it worked fine. My gauge showed 50psi of fuel pressure vs the stock 40 before.

You will have to make a throttle cable bracket but you see mine is just a straight piece of aluminum (albeit 7075 lol) It ran a lot smoother and I thought responded better to tuning just like that with no stacks. I had it driving great at all speed levels, when I got on them right after I took the stacks off it felt like the first time I used nitrous, I was hooked. I will post a ripper vid later tonight I'm tired from working 3rd shift and this is taking a while already. All tuning was done through alpha-n tps only tables in hondata although you still have to run a map sensor. There are threads for a fitting to run to the coolant hose on the passenger side, I think it is 3/8npt thread but I used the one from my edelbrock and it went right on.

Total cost: cbr 959 itbs -$60
velocity stacks(I wished I didn't get but) -$40
obx intake manifold -$120
$200 total. Next time you dream up an itb build there is no excuse

Not to improve on perfection but I had to build an arbox lol

*I am not responsible for any babies conceived because of these

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,877 Posts
Hqhaha i love the word "eAgle" it looks like my three year old printed that. And nice work on the itbs, im making my own set too but starting from scratch, also how did you tune it? Alpha n, or vac box

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alpha-n tuning worked great, I got a vac block and never used it because I got used to no power brakes. I just put on my z6 notec head and I'm retuning them now but don't drive the car much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts