Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is lagging and it sounds like the valvs are just floating instead of opening and closing and the springs feel very week i am pretty sure it is my head thats bad butif any one has any other suggestions please give them and i believe my timing is advanced could timing cause this i know advanced timing can result in some lag

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check your timing and make it correct, if thats the problem itll be an easy fix!
i am in the process of trying to fix the timing and i am pretty sure its the head though because on small displacement motors timing doesnt affect much unless it is 180 degrees retarded or something

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
do you have a timing gun? if you don't then you'll never know. ive been trying to fix a problem ive been having and when adjusting the dizzy timing and driving it felt like night and day.

edit: its better to work on all the small parts first before needing to take the head

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the springs are supposed to require 80 ft pounds of torque to press them down and mine are like pressing an ink pen so they just like bounce

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
im holding a used valve spring in my hand right now, if you say you can press on it like an ink pen, then WOW! they need to be replaced like ASAP.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i told ya i knew they wer week so i am gonna get a vtec head from my friend he wants 50 for the harness and IM and everything

·
Registered
92 civic hatch si
752 Posts
my car is lagging and it sounds like the valvs are just floating instead of opening and closing and the springs feel very week i am pretty sure it is my head thats bad butif any one has any other suggestions please give them and i believe my timing is advanced could timing cause this i know advanced timing can result in some lag
How do you know valves are floating, springs feel weak?? Did you press down everyone. Try putting it to tdc and try pushing on everyone. I don't think all your springs would go at one time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts