I have a 1991 CRX DX

-D16y8 longblock, all obd-0 parts.
-DX CRX Tranny
-"HF manifold with 14b turbo.
-No charge piping
-B16a Injectors
-PR3 obd-0 ecu

Car was converted to multi port.

I am thinking my problem is with my map sensor or something.

Here's the problem,

My car ran fine about 2 days ago. Rev'd out to wherever it wanted. Then, My friend came over, played with vacuum lines and then idle'd way low. The map sensor I had was trash anyway. So, I put a new one on, and before all of this started happening I was only throwing code 1 (VTEC spool valve,didnt wire it up yet)

So, Last night. My car decides it wants to turn into a horror story.

My battery is relocated into the trunk, and one of the grounds was loose and I believe it may need to be re crimped as well.

Well, My car at first didn't want to rev out past 2500, then 3500 and then it just said "hey, how about I don't run at all"

I was throwing code 7,9,14,21.

7 is TPS
9 is Crank angle sensor
14 is iat
21 is vtec spool valve
oh also code 23(knock sensor) here and there but never had a prob with it untill now.

Well, my car didn't want to run for the world. I played with vacuum lines, and sometimes I would get it to start and then sometimes I wouldn't. I'm Getting, spark and fuel, I know that for sure. I can hear the injectors priming and the fuel pump as well. So, I did a compression test at the same time, 200 psi in each cylinder and then 225 in cylinder three.

I stopped messing with my car for about twenty minutes. Went back outside and was like "hmm wonder if it will start"

It started, and wasn't in limp mode! I took it for a drive, and it didn't feel that sluggish. So, I took it out for a ride and this was like the first ride I ever took it on since the swap. I hauled ass thru first, seemed a bit slow but I'm not positive, and then I snatched second and about 5 seconds later, my car is trying to fall on its face. I could give it full throttle and it would act like it was in 4th gear when it should be in first, also you could hear the turbo spooling HARD because it seemed like it was under such a heavy load, but the car still revs out to the rev limiter BUT the car is only idling at 200RPMS and below now.

It's all confusing the fuck out of me.

Somebody help, I also took the distributor off and the rotor looks a little burnt and the cap seems to be in decent condition like it was replaced 8 months ago.

My gas is almost on empty, but I doubt it would make the car run like shit.

Somebody, help :)

Cliff notes

Car runs like shit when it wants

Car rev's to only 2500 then 3500

Possible map sensor vacuum lines hooked up wrong.

Car runs good on occasion

now Car feels like its under a massive strain.

NOT HITTING bOOST. The turbo is just up there becuase I dont have an untapped oil pan, header,new oil sensor, or anything else like that. So don't assume my car is hitting boost.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok first where's the clif notes it is way to much to read, second before you blow your motor do the following.
1. Get rid of the b16 injectors and ecu.
2. Get some DSM 450's there cheap.
3. Get turboedit.
4. Or convert to obd1 and run crome or uber.
5. Slap your self for not doing all your home work before boosting.
6. Be happy you still have good comp.
7. Give me some rep for saving you.:p
Steven,

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CRXVTEC.

I have DSM 450 injectors.
I'm converting to obd-1 later down the road.
I'm not hitting boost because I dont have charge pipes, and I need the car as a daily and I don't got the money/time to get header, untapped oil pan, new oil sensor, ect ect.

Ive already done my homework, but getting my car running is the issue I need.

But, Rep anyway

·
Registered
54 Posts
CRXVTEC.

I have DSM 450 injectors.
I'm converting to obd-1 later down the road.
I'm not hitting boost because I dont have charge pipes, and I need the car as a daily and I don't got the money/time to get header, untapped oil pan, new oil sensor, ect ect.

Ive already done my homework, but getting my car running is the issue I need.

But, Rep anyway
Thanks for the rep. :) Ok so first switch to a pm6, less timing and you shold not get those colds. Second if your on the cheap get pvc charge piping and throw the 450's in. If you have any other problem feel free to pm me.
Steven,

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Thanks for the rep. :) Ok so first switch to a pm6, less timing and you shold not get those colds. Second if your on the cheap get pvc charge piping and throw the 450's in. If you have any other problem feel free to pm me.
Steven,

PVC pipe ? are you serious...? I cant even imagine running pvc off of a turbo putting out air thats 175 degrees or higher...

·
Registered
54 Posts
PVC pipe ? are you serious...? I cant even imagine running pvc off of a turbo putting out air thats 175 degrees or higher...
Yea i', serious. I ran it for almost two months with out any problems at all, just make sure you glue it right. You can't beat it for the price $22.00 with some back paint to cover it up.
Steven,

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Single cam ECU didn't work.

and did I mention its cold as fucking dick outside over here? Shit is like 20 degrees, haha i threw in a ecu and throttle body in,inless then two minutes. bare footed :) haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts