Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
00 civic.
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, where to start. I have a 00 Civic ex. The y8 took a crap so I installed a 88 d15b2. Used the y8 intake manifold and everything attached to that. The y8 dizzy. And I'm running it on a chipped p06 with j1 jumper removed.

When I start her sometimes she will run fine. Sometimes she will want to stall out when first started and I have to hit the pedal to keep her running. After about 20-30 seconds she smooths out. When she does that she's running really rich. Now if I rev it past 2k rpms my check engine light comes on and gives me 3 codes. 1, 14, and 17. O2 sensor, iacv, and speedo. I've tried a new o2, changed the iac with a known good one. And why would it throw speedo sensor?

Also, when I'm driving at night with the lights on my headlights and acc. lights go dim. When the car hits 3400 rpms they will go bright. Or, I can be in 4th or 5th and once I hit 43 mph they go bright! This is driving me nuts! Ive added extra ground points, fixed a few faulty connectors. I just don't understand. Maybe a faulty ecu? Just not too sure anymore.

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
Try a new ecu before anything after that I would go with a tune up new dizzy cap rotor plugs etc as far as the lighting issue pretty sure it's the alternator my car used to do same thing with the lights after a month of driving it like that the alternator completely have out on me

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Sounds like your alt is going bad.

·
Registered
00 civic.
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's funny cause it worked perfectly fine on the y8. Only thing I did to make it work on the b2 with its odd crank snout diameter crank pulley was machined down the b2 pulley and opened up the hole diameter to fit my stock one. I think ill source a different ecu first. Or maybe borrow the alt. From my g/f ej for testing purposes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts