Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
CRX!!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok soo i was doin a little burnout, wheels were hoppin like mad, and soon as i was about to push in the clutch my car decided to clutch it self. It was as if i was in neutral when i was actually in first gear. I checked the axles, hoping that one of em may have popped out during the wheel hope, or maybe broke one. Turns out axles are fine! Motor "off" "first gear", axles free spin.

Sooo..... How likely is it that i may have broke the input shaft maybe? Or broke some gears? Has anybody ran into this problem? I'm pretty sure its a problem with the transmission. But i just dont see how my new, but stock axles didnt mess up before the transmission..... Insight please!?

:bigugh:

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Sounds to me like your clutch took a shit....

*waits for Bone to chime in*

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
when it was in first gear but no more power to the wheels, did the speedo still work????

Axles or spider gears.

·
Registered
CRX!!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm... I didnt pay attention to the speedo, didnt think of that. But im kinda afraid to get it in too high of rpms as is. Thats a good idea though! And the clutch should be fine! Its not but 3to4 weeks old, broke it in just fine and dandy, and it grips hella good!
LSD 6-puck sprung, 200 hp rating.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
Simple, start car, put tranny in first, let out the clutch.

Report any noises and what the speedo does.

If the speedo moves at all, diff or axles. I've broken both. You can break an axle and everything looks perfect, not even the grease boot gets twisted up.

IF the speedo moves, pull both axles. If when pulling them from the tranny and you hear a clunk from inside the tranny and the axle opening is partly blocked....find another tranny first.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
For example....spit out an axle but never leaked any fluid, looked fine from underneath, axles looked to be fully seated.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
if the diff does go this would be a good time for lsd, but i know moneys tight, i have another dx/lx trans at the house if you need it dude man.

·
Registered
CRX!!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You realize wheel hop is a bad thing right?

The INSTANT any car starts to wheel hop, you need to let out.
Ha ya im aware! Thats why i said i was about to push in the clutch when things just went to shit! =/

and ya topher im prolly gonna have to hold you up to that offer b/c im thinking its the differential.... =/

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was doing a burnout once then I heard a grinding noise I was like wtf axels popped out I couldn't tell it though from looking at it but I took a hammer and banged it back in and drove it to a shop. They replaced them and told me it was just the locking pins or something that keeps them in place. Word up it sounds like your clutch tranny is F'd.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
Ok got the car towed back home now.. Speedo does work.. I havent got a chance to check the driver side axle yet, im gonna check that as soon as i can, gotta be at work in an hour though... =/
axle or spider.....lack of noise means likely an axle.

·
Registered
CRX!!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmmm..... Well the axles looked fine passenger side anyways. I havent done anything but just glance at the driver side. And it looks in all the way. But when i put it in "first gear" whille its on jack stands, (engine "off") The passenger axle would free spin by hand.... ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts