4-2-1 Header
AEM Fuel Rail
Aftermarket FPR

:)

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
soooo many pics...

I really like how you got around the mounts being completely different. Looks good :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow, its been a while since i have seen a good g1 teg build. this one is going nicely :TU:.

btw: what made you go for the sohc vs the dohc d? just wondering.
Well, the only real reason was I didn't have the money for a b-series swap. My friend had this mini me laying in his rex and he sold it to me for $200, but it it was just the motor and harness, no dizzy. So I said what the heck, the teg hasn't been running for a year and it's time to get it back on the road, besides it's different ya know? I know of one other person that did a swap like this, but his stuff never ran right. So hopefully I will be the first with this swap and have it running real nice!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
soooo many pics...

I really like how you got around the mounts being completely different. Looks good :)
Custom mounts :p, we didn't really feel like cutting the mounts and possibly making them weaker, so we just made adapter plates. The only major problem I had was finding bolts that were the same size. I spent 2 days going everywhere and no one had metric fine thread bolts in grade 8. Luckily I found some extra ones from my old motor laying around and used those. Another problem was there was no tapped hole for the intermediate shaft. We couldn't find a bolt big enough, so I went to Lowes and kinda eyed a bolt that I think would fit, and it did. Ended up being a 9/16, now I just had to find a tap for it :p, only 1 shop in Waco had one, and that' took care of that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys for all the good feedback :) hopefully I'll have it running by early next week! I'll post a video :)

·
Registered
Crx
112 Posts
I love the build bro its really different should be sweet keep the pics coming

1 - 20 of 26 Posts