1mm oversized valves
Slight port/polish
3 Angle Valve Job (done)

Skunk2 intake manifold w/ Hondata Intake Manifold gasket
GSR TB
AEM cold air intake (have)
DC 4-2-1 1 piece header (have)
2.5 Greddy Evo exhaust (have)

This is what I'm thinking so far. Leave any other suggestions on here.

I have pretty much unlimited dyno time, so tuning will not be a problem here. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Made 127whp, like nothing for torque (96ish). On stock head and block.

Just I/H/E, tuned on Crome.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I would not go oversized on the valves without boring the block. The vtec heads already have a shrouding issue, you'll just make it worse by going 1mm over. I went .040 over on my block, and it might have been the best think i did. Deshrouding the valves did good things! I plan to do valves this summer among other things but I'm going to keep the intake valves stock size. (You can oversize exhaust if you want, i probably will)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea not very torquey not bad though how much did you pay fro the crome?
I only paid for the chip that goes in. I have dyno tuning priveliges.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well you have to have at least a basemap to run your car...a chipping kit costs 15 bucks.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
according to omniman, from intertunetv, oversized valves aren't a good idea, with a bigger cam because they could lap. which doesn't help that the head is going to be milled I believe.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
will there be any issues with the p29s and the cam? cuz im looking to do the same kind of build
no there wont be, because the compression ratio with p29's in a b7 block with a z6 head is only like 9.5:1 or something.... i have more on my a6 with z6 gasket i think....

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
:werd: on the valves are too big for stock bore.
IIRC, someone stated that the cylinder bores already shroud the valves and more flow can be had just by overboring(I guess this is why the A6/non-VTEC heads work so great on stock bores). Stick with the stock valves since you already had the valve job done.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no there wont be, because the compression ratio with p29's in a b7 block with a z6 head is only like 9.5:1 or something.... i have more on my a6 with z6 gasket i think....
Ummm, that is very very wrong. With the p29's in the b7 block, I am looking at around 12:1 compression. How do you explain 9.5:1? Right now, just on the mini me I am around 10.5:1.

·
Registered
85 Posts
stock d15b7 - 9.28:1

d15b7 with p29's - 9.48:1 (ok, ok, you're right :roll: )

with p29's and z6 head and gasket - 10.47:1

where the hell did you get 12:1? lol

http://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html
he probably got that because as he stated in his first post that the head has already been milled and you need to add that in, which will bump the compression up.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
he probably got that because as he stated in his first post that the head has already been milled and you need to add that in, which will bump the compression up.
what if it was milled just enough to make sure its flat??

the real question is... how much was is milled?

answer: AT LEAST .050" off the head

lets wait for his response

im not bashing your build, im just wondering where 12:1 came from

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
I went .040 over on my block, and it might have been the best think i did. Deshrouding the valves did good things!
x2.

I went .030" and I wish I would have went .040".

Milling the head does nothing but good things.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Head milled .030. The compression calculator that I used must be different, I'll try and find what it was again.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I dont agree with that zeal calculator, P-29's sit so far down in the bore there is no way they have the stated compression. By that calculator I am over 14:1 which isnt true considering I am running pump gas with no issues.

My setup P-29's and A6 head milled 0.079 and Y8 head gasket

·
Registered
My Crix
1,169 Posts
I dont agree with that zeal calculator, P-29's sit so far down in the bore there is no way they have the stated compression. By that calculator I am over 14:1 which isnt true considering I am running pump gas with no issues.

My setup P-29's and A6 head milled 0.079 and Y8 head gasket
Yea with that setup you should be round the 11:1 range. Not 14, thats way out there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts