Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of mid December, I was planning on a 13:1 motor build with nitrous, but one night I had a dream that I had a turbo car, and the next day I started ordering parts. haha! Unfortuantely, i have some all motor parts in the closet that I won't be using, but maybe after I get the turbo project done, I'll build a high compression engine as a back up.

Anywway, block was taken to the machine shop today. D16Y8...CP 9:1, Total Seal rings and FJ Distributors rods. Block is getting bored using a torque plate and honed for the 75.5 pistons. Rods are being balanced. Crank is being polished. Block and Head are being resurfaced...dunno the exact spec on that yet.
I have almost everything to complete the setup except for a couple things that are on the way, or pending.

Setup:

D16Y8 block
CP 9:1
FJ Distributors Rods
ARP rod bolts
ARP Head studs
New Factory girdle/main bolts
Endyn style modded new factory oil pump

D16Y8 Head
Mild port to clean up castings
Crower Stage 2 Camshaft
Crower Valve Springs and Retainers

Full-Race.com Ramhorn
Precision SC5031 turbo
3" downpipe
TiAL 44mm WG
TiAL BOV
Precision Intercooler

CRX Si Tranny (for now)
Clutchmasters Stage 3
Stock Flywheel

Gator Axles

Walbro 255lph
XS Fuel Pressure Regulator

880 or 1000cc injectors
AEM fuel Rail

OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness
OBD1 Distributor
Hondata s300 (will order after I recover from having the block work done)
AEM 3.5 bar MAP sensor
p28

Shooting for 400whp on 91 + methanol. May change though. Hoping to hit 12.0s or better.

Car is 1991 Civic Si hatchback. Originally the green color(not sure maybe Tahitian Green Pearl), but some jackass flatblacked over it. Hopefully getting repainted factory color sometime next winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i know thiis isn't too interesting without pics, but i'm getting closer to the prize. everything that's highlighted green is what I have and the red is what I don't, so if anyone has any of those parts for sale, let me know!

I'm starting to think that the precision 650s are going to be a weak link, and i may need something more like 880cc injectors for the 101 map.

Once I get this thing up and running, the goal is to take it to Tony at T1 to be tuned. hoping for end of summer, but at this point, it's getting more and more pushed back. The machine shop took 3 months to get my bottom end done, so in turn, everything else is pushed back.

i'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Use the E85! If you've got access to it you'll thank yourself later! I'll be aiming for a 350whp build running E85 myself.

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
Make sure you do the oil pump mod for the y8. there's a sticky here somewhere.

Check the engine building forum up top.

·
Registered
780 Posts
i think... we need more pics.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
looks good man.... did you check the clearances..??? cuz if you got it honed by a shop, dont trust them

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
its notched. just not the normal way you guys have seen it. look at the way the bore is. you will see its not smooth "circle".

its just the person that did the notch did a very good job smoothing it out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its notched. just not the normal way you guys have seen it. look at the way the bore is. you will see its not smooth "circle".

its just the person that did the notch did a very good job smoothing it out.
it's a very smooth transisition.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
the build is coming along nicely keep it up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it doesn't look like the girdle was notched. I"ve rotated the crank around many times and it looks to have about 4-5mm clearance between the rods or rod bolts and the girdle. I pulled the oil pump off and did the porting on it. do people ever run aftermarket gears in the oil pumps? i know you can get aftermarket gears for the b-series.....dunno....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts