Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
throwin this out there, i have a b2 block and would like to keep it non vtec, just woncering what my best head options are. i am between an a6, y7. but not sure which head flows best and of the two which has the more aggresive camshaft lobes??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no not going to build it, i was leaning towards the a6 head, but a y7 head presented itself for cheaper, otherwise buddy say he sell me his y7 head wit zex valves and springs and 272 cam for 2 bills. so now i am stuck on choice

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got full turbo kit, but not sure i wanna boost yet, leaning away from built y7 head to keep costs down. and a6 heads are like 20 years old now, and most are abused. thats were i need some help on choice.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i have a6 head i am building and it like 1,500 full built. to keep costs down i will go with y7 head it mild built and you save money. is the y7 head in good shap and take it to a machine shop to get it checked.

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
picked up a wagon lookin somethin decent that would be both a decent na for now and will work for boost later, cause i plan on throwin greddy kit on it in summer.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
leaning more towards a6 head they real good, and i dont think z6 are weak at all, if was goin vtec would swap whole z6 in over a y8.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
take the y7. thats a good price for it with a cam.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts