255walbro
omni 3bar map
p28 on crome
garret 50trim turbo
log manifold
hks bov
synapse wastegate 25psi spring
750cc rc injetors

my other dohc zc motor that i built was simlier to this one but i had too sell it. needed the money really bad ..and i never got to put the motor in and tuned :( ..so this motor is a keeper lol my goal is 350-400whp on stock sleeves??i also have a supertech blockguard in and motor is running real good for now till i get a tuned next week..my question now is that i heard alot of bad things and good things about them??jus wondering what u guys think about them on 400whp??

·
Registered
340 Posts
agreed, with PROPER tuning to avoid any/all detonation you should be fine. all the block guard will do is prevent "sleeve walk" at best, and block coolant to the head at worst.

good luck with 350+hp. my friend has an ENDYN built turbo ZC and makes 250ish reliable all day hp.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are u saying slowcivicef it will be hard to make more then 350whp with my set up..and how much boost did he push to make 250whp....I wanted to push it like 22psi but I'm a little afraid cause of my stock sleeves

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Tuning decides everything. A crappy tune on your engine and it could blow before 200whp, if you trust your tuner 350whp is very easy. Just don't rev it past 8500rpm, that's when the rocker arms start to break and fail. You will be good at 350whp, and then you can always go for more later.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I never understood why people get so excited on block guards. If there was an $80 alternative to sleeving that worked, everyone would be doing it.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
ya i hear mixed reviews on block guards but i believe they do more good than harm. Another option is sleeve studding that way the sleeves are re-enforced on the bottom also

Edit: whoops this subject was already covered :p its block posting not studding lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
i personally am shooting for 400 on pump and 450 on race gas and i plan on running a block guard. if your gonna run any i would recommend the ge just because of the over sized coolant holes compared to the supertech one. people say that they can hurt your motor but i feel if you install it the right way which if i recall is about a 1/4 inch or so below the deck you should be fine. plz correct me if im wrong

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Mixed Reviews = No All good reviews.

If people are running 400whp+ on stock sleeves, and your not going for 400whp+, why even worry about a block guard?
If your so worried about the sleeves moving, do the block posts. All the benefits, none of the problems.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
endyn block posting is fail in my books.

unless you want small bolts pressing against a sleeve thats trying to expand... not the best idea.
You do not crank them against the sleeve you hand tighten them with a screw driver and I think last time I spoke to Larry they leave a gap for heat expansion based on the properties of the aluminum.

The block guard I designed is like these block posts and pins the cylinder every 45 degrees.

This allows for more coolant against the cylinder and reduced bore distortion from heat. It also sits below the deck about 3/16" so coolant flow to the head is not obstructed.

I had my own made years ago when block guards were $250 I have one left on my shelf in the garage for a B series ill take a pic when I get home. I still have the CAD files too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts