Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post this up for anyone that wanted to try this setup this is not a debate just my setup 10an honed out black box to fit 10an which black box already has a big opening equivalent of 12an so no better way than to vent the black box from crankcase than from black box . Anyway its goin from black box to 10an fitting to moroso catch can vented

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Excuse the grease (CV boot popped off and I took the pic before I cleared the mess up lol) i tapped the hole for the black box an used some sealant on the threads to be sure, but deleted the black box and using the hole for a drain back from my catch can. Then using an exhaust evac valve to pull constant vacuum from the stock port on the valve cover and breather in my oil cap. Seams to be working great!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Excuse the grease (CV boot popped off and I took the pic before I cleared the mess up lol) i tapped the hole for the black box an used some sealant on the threads to be sure, but deleted the black box and using the hole for a drain back from my catch can. Then using an exhaust evac valve to pull constant vacuum from the stock port on the valve cover and breather in my oil cap. Seams to be working great!

I thought the vacuum setup was suppose to enter the exhaust at a 90 and have a 45 cut in it like this crude paint picture I just fabbed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
45° works better than 90° (so I'm told) . $18 for the GM style air valve and $3 for the threaded peice of pipe, then I cut the end sticking in the exhaust off at an angle and made the notch hole in it like in Xile6's 2nd pic.

·
Registered
316 Posts
__!!__
| |
| =
| |
---!!----
Top port to exhaust
side port to valve cover
bottom port return oil to black box hole

no smoke out of the exhaust and if I pull the hose off of the valve cover going to the catch can I can feel a nice light vacuum at idle being pulled.
bottom port let's any oil pulled in drain back to oil pan.
i made the catch can out of sch40 pvc and packed it with Dawn stainless steel wool that has a peice of foam rubber in each peice shaped like a doughnut to hold their shape. I fit 7 of them in there snugly. No direct path for oil to get sacked out but it still breathes free.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I cut my black box and set it up to run a 3/4" ID hose with a universal 3/4" V8 valve cover breather real simple and doesn't make a mess at all.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mike's a forged bottom end, stage 2 cam, ported head with stock revs and a Holset hx35 running 15psi for now but bumping it to 20 psi here soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts