Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
GTI 337
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, today I got blindsided at work and I'm looking for some outsider opinions. For the record I confess to my stupidity ahead of time.

On Saturday a friend of mine was posting stuff like crazy on Facebook for sale. She posts a book for $2 titled, "What to do if your child has been molested" When I see this my sick sense of humor kicks in and without thinking about it I leave a comment, it's gone now but it went something like this, "I want to buy this for a friend who has kids and give it to them, when they say 'But my child hasn't been molested!' I would give them a sly look with a wink and say 'Not yet!'"

The joke, admittedly, is tasteless, and offensive, but overall harmless. My friend gives a typical, "Oh you!" type response and we have a laugh, shortly after I come to my senses and delete the comment because let's face facts that could leave someone pretty offended.

This morning I go into work, I work at a dealership, and around 9:30 my manager is called into the boss office, he's in there for around 10-15 minutes, comes back and says they want to see me so I say ok, not thinking I have anything to worry about. Turns out, someone saw the comment who works at a local psychiatric hospital, and instead of saying something to me about it, this woman inspected my Facebook profile, found out where I worked, printed off my comment, and went into my work with it ranting and raving about how upset she was, my bosses say she was so upset she was shaking. She told them I have deep issues and they're harboring a pedophile, and demands something be done. My bosses say they don't know how to proceed so the owner is now involved. They sent me home for the day and told me not to come back until tomorrow where they'll decide whether or not I will continue to be employed.

While I acknowledge that the joke was in poor taste, I think it was completely out of line for this woman to bring it to my place of business, but unfortunately I live in a state with a "no reason needed" firing policy, so an employer can fire an employee without providing even a legitimate reason unless it's obviously related to race, age, blah blah blah.

I'm just looking for some outside opinions or thoughts on this type of situation, I feel pretty dumb about it all, but I'm also very frustrated at this woman, I've been working for this place for 4 years and she is about to ruin everything. I have a mortgage, a loan on my new motorcycle, and my father is disabled with health issues and he lives with me while I take care of him. This woman who doesn't even know me has just put all of that into jeopardy.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Man, I've been victim of poor-taste responses like that in jest only. But I make sure NOT to post it so everyone else can see it! You're best bet is just to be honest and straight-forward with them about the whole thing.

GL!

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
tell them it was a tasteless joke. and stand by it. see a lawyer and verify if you can sue her for spreading false rumours about you.

·
Registered
96 ej8
651 Posts
Maybe get the person you made the joke with to defend you as well, the person who went through all that trouble is the one that has deep issues, who the fuck does that honestly.

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
tell them it was a tasteless joke. and stand by it. see a lawyer and verify if you can sue her for spreading false rumours about you.
+1, you are not the first to deal with B.S. like this and certainly will not be the last.

There will always be some one who will make a big deal about nothing.

I'd get the lawyer just in case that lady makes further big deal and you get totally screwed.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,867 Posts
Hahaha thats a pretty funny joke in a sick way. I have some friends that would have typed the se thing. Sorry to hear about the head ache it caused though, that actually sounds like something that would happen on family guy

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
x2 make money out of that bitch. Haha

Ed for President!

·
Registered
GTI 337
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already explained in my first meeting with them today that it was simply a tasteless, stupid joke and even offered to apologize to the offended woman, we'll see how it pans out. I was considering giving my lawyer a call to see if I have any recourse here.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Maybe get the person you made the joke with to defend you as well, the person who went through all that trouble is the one that has deep issues, who the fuck does that honestly.
This

Why wouldnt she goto your favorite bar, bowling alley, etc that you have liked, this wacked out bitch decides, Ill pick his place of employment. Why was she demanding your boss to do something? Hes not responsible for your posts. WTF

Thats pretty fucked up. Since shes combing for garage sales tells me she on of those crazy cat ladies or someone who has deep deep issues.

Then again, I never liked FB or the extra drama that comes with it.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
I would be more concerned she stalked your Facebook. She sounds like she needs the pipe laid to her because she has deeper inner issues with herself

No offense but chalk up more reasons why I don't do social media

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
You can hit her with a slander lawsuit. Especially if it costs you your job.

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic STD
197 Posts
Man, if bad jokes get people canned my whole company should be shut down.

People make sick, dumb jokes all the time and they are funny. This lady clearly has issues of her own but I wouldn't call her on them. Just be as apologetic to the woman and maybe your boss? I really don't see why they would can you. And yeah Facebook is a bitch.

GL with everything.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
^^

And hope she has something as far as assets to get paid...

either shes off her meds or needs to be on some!

Just like with any other situation in life.

IF you have a problem with someone, you confront that person and handle it.
Who the fuck goes to another person and demands they do something.

That bitch needs to get with you and apologize!

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I would have called my lawyer from my car as soon as I shut the door...well, I don't have a lawyer lol, but if I did have one. Seriously, I'd look into suing that cunt for slander.

As for the joke, I laughed, I have a somewhat sick sense of humor...and I have never, would never, molest a kid...sorry for the bs you have to endure, I think it's safe to say that our mouths have all gotten us in trouble at one point or another

·
Registered
GTI 337
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support and kind words, I'll keep you all updated on how tomorrow goes!

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
yeah, what a bitch. I hope she fucking dies lol

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
yeah, what a bitch. I hope she fucking dies lol
Lmao! Yeah why was she in his bizz anyway that's like invading of privacy, but i know a lot of people does that in social media. Including me and you King see you in VIP. Hahaha :devil2:

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
Lmao! Yeah why was she in his bizz anyway that's like invading of privacy, but i know a lot of people does that in social media. Including me and you King see you in VIP. Hahaha :devil2:
:biggrin: hell yeah lol

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Things like this are the reason my FB is locked up tight. Someone who doesn't know you shouldn't be able to look at your stuff.

A lawyer needs to be called cause this has gone past simple FB pandering

WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT TALK TO THIS WOMAN OR SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HER. SLANDER/LIABLE WORKS BOTH WAYS. APOLOGIZING TO HER IS ADMITTING FAULT

1 - 20 of 74 Posts